STV Inc., New York, NY, US, Eastern Region Accounting Manager
Manages all financial activities for the region in accordance with corporate directives
• Analyzes projects for performance and profitability
• Monitor accounts receivable/collections/billing
• Monthly revenue recognition
• Facilitates resolution of exception report issues
• Coordinates contractual issues with legal department
• Draft annual overhead/sales budget
• Update quarterly sales/revenue projections
• Liaison between region director/project managers/clients
• Supervise 5 person project accountant/billing staff
• Region’s joint venture accountant
Skidmore Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM), Chicago, IL, US, Sr. Project Accountant
Provided financial analysis and management support to managing project partner and assigned project managers
• Contract compliance – review, interpret and implement requirements for each contract/project
• In accordance with contract terms, set-up and maintain project in company accounting/information system.
• Draft and review cost estimates for supplemental agreements.
• Track and monitor project performance indicators – financial vs. physical percent complete, margin erosion, earned value, earned revenue etc.
• Weekly preparation of financial analysis reports which include cash flow, staff utilization, margin erosion, revenue recognition, unbilled costs, invoice turnover, delinquent accounts receivables, and project cost overruns.
• Prepare, review, analyze and complete journal entries for month/year end close
• Project invoicing
• Joint venture accounting
Parsons Brinckerhoff, New York, NY, US, Sr. Project Administrator
Sr. Project Administrator/Office Manager
Assisted Area Manager with daily operations of project office, in addition to project administration responsibilities
• Preparation of profit center budget and cost analysis including providing potential problem areas and solutions.
• Fixed asset accounting and management.
• Coordinate and participate in corporate and client project audits.
• Organize and manage office events (conferences, training, etc.)
• Human Resource Liaison - advised management and staff regarding company policies and procedures. Maintained and coordinated approximately 40 active employee personnel files, including employee reviews, disciplinary reports and other pertinent documentation.
• Supervised 3 – 5 person administrative staff. Word processing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing, collections, document control, mailroom and reception.
Marymount College of Fordham University, Tarrytown, NY, US, Bachelors, Accounting
Kingsborough Community College, Brooklyn, NY, US, Early Childhood Education