Online CV: http://www.visualcv.com/taylordavid
Architectural designer with over 13 years of experience working primarily in interior space. Range of projects include high end custom residential spaces, assisted living retirement centers, and commercial space. Adept at developing complex interior design drawings by hand and with multiple software tools. Acknowledged for precise attention to detail in both design and documentation. Artist using multiple medium.
Sechrist Design associates inc, Seattle, WA 2013- 2014
Sechrist Design Associates is an interior design firm focusing on multi-family residences; apartments, condominiums, and retirement facilities.
Robert Maloney Architects, Seattle, WA 2003- 2013
Robert Maloney Architects specializes in high-end custom single family residences, with projects ranging in scope from condominium remodels to estates encompassing several structures with residences at 10,000+ square feet. Worked in a highly collaborative and cooperative environment, allowing employees to complement each other’s strengths to create exemplary results.
The Johnston Associates, Bainbridge Island, WA 2000–2003
The Johnston Associates specializes in custom single family residences and assisted living retirement housing facilities.
Primary responsibilities include Interior design for independent living apartments, wheel chair accessible units, and assisted living units.
Freiheit & Ho architects, Kirkland, WA 1999 –2000
Freiheit & Ho Inc. specializes in office towers, commercial space, hotels and resorts, retail and restaurant design, and tenant improvements.
Multi-medium artist: Paintings in acrylic and oil; sculptures in plaster, resins, and found objects.
University of Oregon, Eugene, OR Bachelor of Interior Architecture - a five year accredited program
Robert Maloney Architects, Seattle, WA, US, Designer
• Drafted working drawings and detail drawings. • Developed interior design drawings, including wall and cabinet elevations, reflected ceiling
plans, lighting and electrical plans.
• Designed computer generated 3D models.
• Developed a site model for an estate in Sun Valley including layout for positioning of guest house and barn in relation to main house.
• Invited to combine artistic and technical skills to design three distinct custom wrought iron chandeliers for Sun Valley home.
• Created schedules for doors, windows, and interior finishes. • Prepared forms and documentation for permit submittal and construction.
The Johnston Associates, Bainbridge Island, WA, US, Designer
• Drafted working drawings focused on accessibility for senior needs. Adhered to accessibility requirements and future accessibility conversion requirements.
• Created designs for common areas such as, reception lobby, dining hall, library, hair salon and office spaces. Developed schedules for construction/interior design work on various parts of the projects.
• Prepared forms and documentation for permit submittal and construction.
Freiheit and Ho Architects, Kirkland, WA, US, Designer
• Responsible for space planning for corporate office spaces ranging in size from small start-ups to large corporations (T-Mobile/Starbucks stores).
• Designed remodel of a Totem Lake physical therapy clinic. • Measured and created as-built drawings for 10 building Bellefield Office Park in Bellevue, WA.
University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, US, Bachelors, Interior Architecture
Biology major from 1991 to 1993
Art major in 1993
Interior Architecture Major form 1994 to 1998
- Studio design projects
- Lighting design
- Design theory
Also studies in Art History and Classics