To whom it may concern,
Hello, my name is Anna Marie Flaherty, I am a recent graduate from the Southern California Institute of Architecture's Masters in Architecture program. I am currently seeking a Junior designer or intern architect position in Los Angeles, CA.
I am proficient in various physical model-making techniques: laser cutting, templating, 3D printing, vacuum forming, CNC milling, or even constructing a model exclusively by hand. I am familiar with a variety of design and drafting applications such as: AutoCAD, Rhino, the Adobe Creative Suite, the Microsoft Office family of programs, Maya, and V-Ray. At SCI-Arc, my second year studio project and Design Development coursework were included in SCI-Arc's spring 2012 accreditation review. My studio project was displayed in the SCI-Arc gallery for review, and my Design Development work was part of the package prepared for the review team and used in their decision to continue SCI-Arc's accreditation.
I have worked for Gehry Partners, LLP on two occasions: once as a project assistant during the Construction Administration phase for the Art Gallery of Ontario, and again as an archive assistant for Frank Gehry's model archive. As a project assistant, I was responsible for the transmission of information between the on-site office in Canada and the project team in California on a day-to-day basis. While working in the archive I had the chance to help restore and refurbish models from various points in Frank Gehry’s career. These experiences not only taught me about working with and learning from other architects, but also how to work on a project in various phases of completion. I have also worked in the planning and economic development departments in the City of Clovis, CA, where I helped contractors, architects, and other members of the general public resolve planning and zoning code issues, as well as assisting in design development committees and helping to manage code enforcement issues.
Randall Stout Architects, Los Angeles, CA, US, Junior Designer
• Model Making, Translating physical model designs into 2D and 3D using Rhino, AutoCAD and adobe creative suite
• Preliminary cost estimates / Quantity Survey Calculations
• Model repair and archiving for Museum Exhibits
Gehry Partners, LLP, Los Angeles, CA, US, Archive Assistant
• Model repair and refurbishment
• Assisting with warehouse management and organization
Gehry Partners, LLP, Los Angeles, CA, US, Project Assistant
• Responsible for email correspondence of Gehry Partners with site office in Canada
• Transmitting construction documentation such as RFI’s, Shop
drawing Submittals and Change Orders.
• Maintaining logs and assisting with general project organization
• Basic Clerical Work
• Meeting set up and planning
City of Clovis Planning Department, Clovis, CA, US, Planning Intern
• Code Enforcement, Conditional Use permit and Directors review and approval reviews
• Graphic Design work, Architectural drafting and drawing Site plans, Urban Design
• GIS and Map-making Projects
• Answering Front Counter and Zoning Questions, managed the “Zone Phone”
• Basic Clerical work, answering phones, filing organization, data input
Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc), Los Angeles, CA, US, MArch, M. Arch 1
• Extensive physical modeling experience with museum board, styrene, acrylic, foam,
various plastics, 3D printing, wood.
• 3D modeling/rendering skills: Rhino, V-Ray, Maya.
• Auto CAD and Microsoft Office
• Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
• 2GB Studio and Design Development work selected for SCI-Arc Accreditation review
University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA, US, Bachelors, Environmental Analysis and Design
Bachelor concentration on Urban and Regional Planning