Hello, I'm Abaan Ali!
Having just completed a B.Arch degree at Georgia Institute of Technology, I am currently looking for a Entry-Level Intern Architect position within the Metropolitan Atlanta area; although, I am willing to relocate to any region to fit within the requirements and convenience of the architecture firm.
Although relatively new to the professional field I offer an experienced skill-set:
As an Atlanta native, I have been well-versed in the architectural diversity this city has provided. Being surrounded by the various cultural influences and given the opportunity of visiting India abroad has welcomed me into the built environment spectrum.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.
AME Architect, Inc., Roswell, GA, US, Intern Architect
As a Intern Architect and Project Coordinator, I am working in conjunction with the Principal Architect / Project Manager on commercial projects and renovations.
- Responsible for producing Schematic Design (SD), Design Development (DD), and Construction Documents (CD)
- Conducting a key role in Bidding and Negotiation (BN) and involvement in Construction Administration (CA) phase
- Standardizing graphic design for firm portfolio and MasterFormat CSI guidline format for Project Management coordination
Brazilian Tourism Investment, Roswell, GA, US, Architectural Designer
As Architectural Designer, I contributed to the creation of the first boutique high-rise apartment / hotel complex in Fortaleza, Brazil showcasing the architectural style of Miami’s art deco movement in a contemporary urban setting.
- Arranged several loft design proposals, as acting creative design consultant, based on clients demands
- Developed and modified aspects of plans and diagrams as per clients specifications
- Created schematic designs and conceptual diagrams
- Developed first-hand experience and knowledge of the built environment
- Maintained client demands and deadlines
- Consultant for architectural and graphic designs
Spruill Art Gallery, Dunwoody, GA, US, Event Coordinator
Site Unseen is an architecture exhibition which details unbuilt work from the last decade by 10 Atlanta-based firms and designers by exploring both the underlying architecture of these unbuilt structures and the overall meaning of their absence from the landscape.
- Volunteered as event coordinator to install projects and installation for various exhibitions
- Provided architectural viewpoint with the design layout
- Consultant for visualization and presentational aesthetic
- Organized client specifications and maintained all deadlines proposed
- Arranged presentational board layout for participating architects: Tristan Al-Haddad; BLDGS; Jeffery Collins; Tim Frank; Lord, Aeck & Sargent; Mack Scogin Merrill Elam; Nodus LLC; Perkins + Will; Stanely Beaman & Sears
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, US, BArch, Architecture
During my tenure at the Georgia Institute of Technology, green design and sustainable innovations were a central focus of my studies. I independently sought out multidisciplinary projects with engineering graduate students in order to broaden my comprehension of the built environment. As a perspective architect, it is invaluable to learn all phases of architecture and to contribute in a challenging work environment.
Student of renowned architect Lars Spuybroek's design studio and senior design studio. Also published articles and interviews as a contributing writer and member for the gray_matter(s), a student initiated organization within Georgia Tech’s College of Architecture
Tower Of Babylon Competition, 2nd Place
The «Tower of Babylon» competition sets itself apart from the concept of sustainability in today’s
global context and is focusing on inspiration, networking and collaboration to achieve a symbol for a
region, a country, a city and its technical university. By becoming an interdisciplinary competition, designers must enhance complex holistic thinking in a sustainable context.
Faculty Honors, Other
Several Semesters: Faculty Honors Distinction - 4.0 GPA
Dean's List, Other
Several Semesters: Dean's List Distinction - 3.0 GPA
Undergraduate Learning Center Design Studio Competition, Honorable Mention
Conducted as a all-encompassing Junior Studio competition, students were given the client description for designing a Undergraduate Learning Center located at the ROTC Facility on the Georgia Institute of Technology Campus. Honorable Mention dictated a Top-5 Finalist distinction in a 20 team field.