The Tarrance Group, Inc., Washington, DC, US, Research Analyst
• Directed polling projects throughout the United States for the 2010 election cycle.
• Conducted quantitative and qualitative research and applied findings to strategic analysis, consumer/voter behavior, and message development/testing.
• More specifically, was responsible for securing field time, questionnaire design, specing, reading and analyzing output, including marginals, tables, and regressions, billing and processing completed projects, writing analysis, coding open-ends, chart design, and focus group analysis.
America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP), Washington, DC, US, Communications Consultant
• Circulated daily news clip summaries and maintained Campaign for American Solutions website, blog, and Twitter feed.
• Researched and analyzed current and past health care reform legislation as directed by Strategic Communications staff.
• Compiled media coverage reports, which included polling graphs, screen shots of advertisements, and excerpts from published materials.
United States House of Representatives, Washington, DC, US, Legislative Intern
• One of two hired interns to work in the office of Congressman Mike Rogers (AL-3).
• Researched healthcare and education legislation as directed by staff.
• Assisted in developing and editing form letters in response to constituent mail.
Alabama Symphony Orchestra, Birmingham, AL, US, Development Intern
• Worked under the Director of Development and Institutional Giving Manager.
• Assisted in the writing and editing of grant proposals for summer events.
• Researched magazine and newspaper articles, advertisements, online postings, and a breakdown of ticket sales to compile a binder for each corporate sponsor.
Nimrod Long and Associates, Inc., Birmingham, AL, US, Design Intern
• Traveled to job sites and returned with photographs and notes for drafting purposes.
• Assisted with the following landscape jobs: University of Alabama Quadrangle, Pursell Farms in Sylacauga, Church of the Highlands, and Phase IV of Village Trails.
• Used AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, and hand drafting skills to assist with projects.
Katherine S. Owens, Architect, Inc., Birmingham, AL, US, Design Intern
• Painted, decorated, and organized showroom with new furniture & sample materials.
• Updated building specifications to correspond with relevant construction codes.
• Exchanged drafts with print shops and corresponded with tile, stone, and flooring businesses.
Camp Merrie-Woode for Girls, Cashiers, NC, US, Counselor
• Responsible for a cabin of four girls for eight weeks.
• Canoeing/kayaking instructor, led trips down the Pigeon, Nantahala, and Tuck Gorge Rivers.
• Acquired CPR certification to responsibly manage river trips and overnights.
Savannah College of Art and Design, Atlanta, GA, US, Masters, Interior Design
Candidate for Masters degree in Interior Design
- Interior Design program ranked #1 by Design Intelligence for 2012
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, US, Bachelors, College of Arts and Science
BA Psychology; double-minor in Art History and Studio Art
SCAD Honors Scholarship, Scholarship
A limited number of Combined Honors Scholarships may be awarded to accepted graduate students who demonstrate both academic and artistic achievement through a presentation of outstanding portfolio, audition or writing submission and above average grades and test scores.
A limited number of SCAD Honors scholarships may be awarded to accepted graduate students who demonstrate outstanding artistic and/or academic achievement through outstanding portfolio, audition or writing submission; Graduate Record Examination scores of 600 or above on the verbal section, 740 or above on the quantitative section, and 5 or higher on the analytical writing section; a 3.5 or higher cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale; or presentation of outstanding portfolio, audition or writing submission and above average grades and test scores.