I’m a 11 years of experience architect in the residential developments (mainly luxury), touristic developments (hotels, apart hotels or resort) in Algarve (Portugal) and projects such as public equipment’s and services. Mainly working in Irish and English companies, but also doing projects, for private clients of different nationalities such as Dutch, Scotland, Danish, Germany and South Africa, to prepare and develop the project, concept, drawings, models, images and other documents relating to the design, coordination and execution of licensing projects, execution and detailing, selection of finishing materials, as well as monitoring and supervision of work on site. I’m looking for new challenges outside of Portugal.
In the last 6 years I have been collaborating as in-house architect in an Irish Developer Newlyn Group, reporting to the General Manager in Portugal Operation: management of in-house design coordinators and interfacing/ leasing with members of the external design consultants team and other associated organizations or companies, leasing with official organizations, technical support to the project management teams, architecture projects, starting on the conception, going through the coordination and execution of licensing projects, execution/ details projects, selection of finishes (control budgets), support to marketing teams, as well as monitoring and supervision of work and safety coordination on site. This give me also understanding of financial aspects of running a design project on time and on budget, ability to work well in a team and work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently (reference: G.M. Chris Vaughan +351 914633910).
I' m registered in the Portuguese Architect Order (professional association), as also certification, based on professional experience, as a Project Coordinator and Site Survey Director on site. I have good skills in informatics (AutoCAD 2D&3D, MS Office, MS Project, Image Editor), as well as construction materials know-how in today’s market. Training in strategic sustainable construction, bio-climatic architecture and systems of rainwater are part of my professional training and interest to be developed in future projects. In parallel, I have a certification as a Safety Officer, which is of most value and allowed me to develop activities for safety coordination on construction site.
Freelance, Portimão, PT, Architect
- Conception and coordination of architecture and execution projects;
- Survey and accompaniment of construction site;
- Technical adviser.
Privates, Contracters and Developers.
Newlyn Developments (Portugal) Ltd / Newlyn Homes (Portugal) Ltd, Loulé, PT, Architect / safety officer
• Reporting directly to General Manager in Portugal Operation;
• Conception and coordination of architecture and specialties projects;
• Conception and coordination of execution projects, drawings parts want written parts (map of finishing’s, notebook of incumbencies);
• Definition and selection of interior finishing’s and, with control of costs;
• Taken over on a contract basis Preparation of competition of general;
• Preparation of competition of sub-taken over on a contract basis and suppliers of materials (kitchens; equipment, accessories, decoration, among others);
• Survey and accompaniment of workmanship;
• Coordination of security projects phase /workmanship and elaboration of Plans of Security and Health for construction. Coordination of the internal activities of security guard, hygiene and health, as well as plan of formation of the employees;
• Support, design and elaboration of marketing materials, templates, forms, archive;
Developments: 127 units, Vilamoura, Loulé; 252 units plus 7 commercial areas, Cabanas, Tavira; 22 units, Carvoeiro, Lagoa; 40 units, Santa Bárbara de Nexe, Faro.
Quinta Vale da Gondra Construções – Grupo Pinheiros Altos, Loulé, PT, Architect
JJW Royal Algarve & Spa (5 Star Hotel) at Pinheiros Altos Resort, Quinta do Lago, Algarve, Portugal, 144 suites and 38 luxury apartments, a state-of-the-art Health Spa, full fitness facilities, tennis courts and restaurants along with indoor and outdoor pools:
JJW Formosa Park Hotel (4 Star Apart-Hotel), Praia do Ancão, Loulé, Algarve, Alteration and expansion of meeting room, restaurant, bar e staff areas (licensing project submittal to Direcção Geral do Turismo):
• Reporting directly to Project Manager and Construction Manager;
• Inter-company liaison with Hotel designers & consultants;
• Interior design – conception and liaison with interior designers s and artists (sculptures & water features pieces);
• Execution project;
• Search and selection of major materials (pavements, tiling, sanitary ware, etc.)
• Conception and liaison with SPA designers & consultants;
• Contacts with suppliers & manufacturers;
Atelier Teresa Correia, Faro, PT, Architect
- Contribution in the conception and elaboration of architecture project, execution, urbanization, land division, elaboration of detail plans;
- Consultation of market and selecção of materials.
LiderA, Lisboa, PT, BArch, Sustainability Assessment System of construction environmental performance
O.A. S.R.S., Lisbon (Portuguese Architects national association).
StudyTrab, Faro, PT, Safety officer in construction sites
Superior Technician for Safety, Hygiene and Health at Work"
(Under Law 110/2000), teached by StudyTrab - Centre of Studies for Safety, Hygiene and Health at Work, ratified by INOFOR and for IDICT
StudyTrab, Faro, PT, Safety officer
Superior Technician for Safety, Hygiene and Health at Work"
(Under Law 110/2000), teached by StudyTrab - Centre of Studies for Safety, Hygiene and Health at Work, ratified by INOFOR and for IDICT.
Universidade Técnica de Lisboa (UTL), Lisboa, PT, BArch, Architect
I would like to inform that I am registered in the professional association of Portuguese architects as well as I graduated from the Technical University of Lisbon, under the same EU rules that are part of the requisites of the ARB or RIBA - Qualification that is recognised under the European Directive 85/384/EC, plus over five years professional practice.