I have graduated from Cornell University in May 2013, and have commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the US Army Reserves as an Engineering Officer. I am interested in exploring all types of interior design opportunities, from government projects to installations and want to gain the NCIDQ license. I look forward to being part of a team where I can utilize my training and skills to provide quality design through significant projects.
[ United States Army ], St. Petersburg, FL, Second Lieutenant; Engineering Officer
- Responsible for the training and development of 20-50 soldiers.
- Executes engineering missions, both combat and construction.
- Attends Officer Basic School for bridging, horizontal, vertical construction, and demolition.
Freelance Design, St. Petersburg, FL, Consultant
- Interviewed and discussed future intentions with home owners.
- Analyzed and designed based on property information, input, budget and material selections.
- Reviewed and provided feedback on building interior designs and specifications. Kept the end
user informed of assigned project design and FF&E issues.
- Prepared and presented floor plans and solutions for expansion.
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research, Ithaca, NY, Education Programs Assistant
- Interfaced with Marketing and Education departments to increase graphic identity.
- Designed deliverables for BTI’s summer internship program.
- Facilitated updates of websites, mailing lists, and created community contacts.
City of St. Petersburg, FL, St. Petersburg, FL, City Planning Intern
- Fully versed in City hearing processes and procedures.
- Managed city plot information and related permits and updated information via Autodesk GIS.
- Advised the public on permit changes, noted approvals and disapprovals.
- Recommended procedures to streamline design processes for historic preservation projects.
United States Army Corps. of Engineers, Providence, RI, US, Cadet Project Management Intern
- Analyzed requirements, developed design and specified materials and finishes for a new
- Coordinated with VA Hospital Staff and USACE liaisons on FF&E and change order requests.
- Developed 3D model depicting scale and materials of the future Director’s Suite.
- Presented model and finishes to hospital director and staff and incorporated feedback.
- Assisted in construction management, attended project meetings, monitored work performed
and visited other sites in order to gain knowledge about the Corps. mission, design and
construction processes and projects.
YMCA of Greater St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg, FL, Customer Service Representative
Facilitated new memberships, enrolled members in activities, responsible for payments.
Directed phone calls, answered inquiries, guided tours and created community
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, US, Bachelors, Design and Environmental Analysis
Interior Design and Environmental Analysis
FIGMENT Project Mini Golf 2013 Artist, Grant
This “State of the Art” mini-golf hole will be built and installed on Governor’s Island, NYC for Figment’s annual free and open to the public golf course starting June 8th to September 22nd, 2013.