In the process of editing...
I am currently looking for a position as an Architectural Intern with 3 years experience.
I currently work for Lawrence Group Architects. Lawrence Group is a St. Louis based firm with several remote offices. I have been employed for the past three year with the New York location. Our office works on a wide range of projects, including Hospitality, Higher-Ed, Broadcast & Media, Retail, Corporate, & Commercial. I have had the fortunate opportunity in the three years that I have been with the company to have a role
My previous experience , I have worked in three different Architecture offices in New Orleans during my time at Tulane. They varied not only in size but also field of work. I have worked on several areas of design - including commercial, residential, planning, development, and design-build. With my education and previous internship experiences, I am prepared and excited to take my knowledge into my next opportunity.
My true passion for architecture was reinforced during a design-build program at Tulane, where a group of twenty architecture students designed and built buildings from seven shipping containers for a youth farm known as Grow Dat Youth Farm. We developed space for offices, locker rooms, kitchen, bathroom, food storage, outdoor classroom, and tool storage. During this program I developed skills and knowledge that have helped shape my thinking and helped me appreciate the importance and beauty of detailing. The hands on work showed me the impact architecture has outside of the studio and how greatly it affects the client and the surrounding community.
The Lawrence Group Architects, Inc., New York, NY, US, Designer
• Design, coordinate, develop and produce the following: construction documents, design intent
renderings, 3-D models, presentation drawings, marketing materials, and other required documents
for a wide variety of Architecture types
• CA experience for a 25,000 sq.ft. interior renovation of high-end New York gymnasium and College
of Communications building for a Texas University.
• Survey existing site conditions
• Revit Coordinator for NY office– continually advancing my knowledge of Revit and train co-workers
to improve their skills
• IT Representative for the NY office. Correspond with St. Louis IT department to ensure the NY office
has everything needed to function, including updated software, equipment, and knowledge
• Office manager in charge of daily office functions and obligations
Reily Student Recreation Center - Tulane University, New Orleans, LA, US, Building Manager
• Supervise approximately 100 employees in a 156,000 square foot fitness center with members from
both the student body and the surrounding community
• Oversee safety of Olympic-size swimming pool, weight room, basketball, racquetball,
outdoor court space and group fitness classes
• Resolve patron and staff conflicts
• Report all incidents and accidents to University administration
Chase Marshall Design, New Orleans, LA, US, Intern
• Assisted in the design of a fire station in southern Louisiana
• Drafted construction documents, web design, model making, ASI documents, and office organization
HRI Properties, New Orleans, LA, US, Intern
• Responsible for drafting, building models, design schedules, and fieldwork of real estate
development within the reuse of historic structures
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA, US, MArch, Architecture