I am looking for a position as an Architectural Intern with 3 years experience. I'm looking to learn daily in a challenging and engaging environment while developing into a respectful architect.
I currently work for Lawrence Group Architects. Lawrence Group is a St. Louis based firm with several remote offices. I have been employed for the past three year with the New York location. Our office works on a wide range of projects, including Hospitality, Higher-Ed, Broadcast & Media, Retail, Corporate, Healthcare & Commercial. With the expected fast pace of design and construction in New York, I have had the fortunate opportunity to have worked on a project in each of these fields. The knowledge and experience I have gained from working with clients such as MLB.com, Christie's, Northeastern University, & Equinox has been exponentially more educational than I could have ever expected.
In my previous experience , I worked for three different Architecture offices in New Orleans as a summer intern. Each firm varied not only in size but also field of work including Commercial, Residential, Planning, Development, and Design-Build.
The Lawrence Group Architects, Inc., New York, NY, US, Designer
Full-time designer. Worked on projects in the following fields: hospitality, higher-ed, broadcast & media, retail, corporate, healthcare & commercial. Additionally served as Revit Coordinator and IT representative for the NY office.
EQUINOX | NEW YORK, NY | 30,000 SQ FT
• Currently performing construction administration to complete the design of a six story high-end gymnasium. On site three times weekly to ensure Lawrence Group design and needs of the client are met. Produced construction documents and presentation drawings for all phases of design; SD, DD, & CD
AL JAZEERA | NEW YORK, NY | 15,000 SQ FT
• Collaboratively designed a lobby, newsroom, edit suites, open office space, and additional office back of house spaces with three designers in eight weeks from the start of SD to the final completion of construction. On site daily communicating with engineers & CM’s to resolve issues instantly. Created a full set of construction documents in four weeks.
NORTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY | BOSTON, MA | 112,358 SQ FT
• Created a master plan for the College of Arts, Media & Design, involving ten departments spread across seven buildings. Worked with a Philadelphia based project manager to create a comprehensive master program. Analyzed several areas of the CAMD program including spatial & economical relation to the rest of Northeastern University. Used diagrams and bar & pie charts to represent the findings and produce a conclusive analysis of the CAMD program and its impact on the rest of the University.
CHRISTIE’S ART AUCTION HOUSE | NEW YORK, NY | 250,000 SQ FT
• Collaborated with team members to present a formal proposal and graphic presentation for an RFP. Contributed to the production of a master plan, final construction documents & creation of realistic renderings
Chase Marshall Design, New Orleans, LA, US, Intern
FIRE STATION | ST. BERNARD PARISH | 1,000 SQ FT
• Assisted in the design of a fire station in southern Louisiana after the Parish was devastated by Hurricane Katrina. Responsible for drafted construction documents, web design, model making, ASI documents, and office organization.
HRI Properties, New Orleans, LA, US, Intern
• Verified existing conditions, drafted architectural intent drawings, built physical models, and developed design schedules for real estate development within historic New Orleans area.
Tulane University, New Orleans, LA, US, MArch, Architecture