196 Bay 29th Street, Unit #1B
Brooklyn, NY 11214
Columbia University - The Fu Foundation School of Engineering & Applied Science, New York NY
M.S. in Civil Engineering
Rutgers University – School of Engineering, New Brunswick, NJ
B.S. in Civil Engineering
Minor in Economics
Construction Engineer II, Parsons Brinckerhoff, 2011 - Present
Technical Specialist II, Parsons Brinckerhoff, 2007 - 2011
New York, NY
- Coordinate build of all client sites across the borough of Queens. Work with site managers to troubleshoot any immediate issues, and escalate with the appropriate authorities as necessary.
- Prepare project plans and detailed schedules for design, procurement, and construction phases.
- Track construction site progress and take appropriate actions to ensure that the project is completed on schedule and within approved budget.
- Work with architects and engineers to ensure contract documents are clear and unambiguous.
- Manage project scope by implementing a clear change management process, including tracking status of shop drawing submittals and approvals, and documenting execution and signoff of change orders.
- Conduct due diligence to ensure clarity around other technical details to ensure the delivery of a structurally sound, code compliant, and aesthetically pleasing facility.
- Coordinate final inspections and submission of paperwork required for Project Closeout and Turnover.
PS 29 New Addition & Existing Building Alterations, $20M Contract
Dec 2011 – Present
- Oversee construction of a three story building addition containing a 1st floor kitchen and cafeteria with 18’ ceilings
- Enforcement of SCA safety standards, coordination of asbestos testing, and contact with safety inspectors
- Coordinate the installation of electric and gas servicing to the addition with Con Edison and respective sub-contractors
- Maintain project progress and schedule and present project update reports to supervising managers
Middle College High School New Addition & Renovation of 1st Floor, $28M Contract
Sept 2011 – Present
- Oversee construction of a two story building addition
- Coordinate inspections for project quality control and implementation of contract.
Middle College High School Demolition and Renovation, $13M Contract
Sept 2011 – Present
- Oversee removal and replacement of existing masonry parapets, masonry cladding, fenestration, and membrane roof of existing building.
- Quality control representative coordinating inspections, review of inspections, and the correction of deficiencies cited by inspectors.
- Prepare application to better track the closeout process and final project transfer
PS 280 Lease Renovation, $7M Contract
July 2011 – Sept 2011
- Oversee construction of a new pulastic athletic flooring in gym over existing concrete.
- Coordinate the installation of new electric service with Con Edison and the electrical sub-contractor.
PS 280 Lease Facility Improvement, $6M Contract
July 2011 – Sept 2011
- Oversee removal and replacement of roofing system, parapet replacement including replication of metal coping and decorative elements with cast stone, masonry repairs, window replacement, skylight replacement, lintel replacement and installation of new electrical distribution and low voltage system
- Monitored site safety on site with 0 stop work orders and no major injuries while working with public access including school children at the site.
PS 102 New Addition, $56M Contract
Sept 2007 – July 2008
- Oversaw excavation, shoring, sheet piling, and underpinning for an 89,000 square foot four story building addition
- Site safety enforcement resulting in 0 stop work orders, no major injuries, and enabling efficient usage of labor, machinery, and vehicles during the excavation process.
PS 13 New Addition, $42M Contract
June 2007 – Aug 2011
- Reviewed design documents and participated in construction design review meetings at all stages prior to design turnover and construction
- Oversaw construction of a 66,300 square foot four story building addition and 3000 square foot childhood playground including a new main entrance, hardwood floor gymnasium, science labs new kitchen, and cafeteria
- Successfully implemented site safety standards, resulting in 0 stop work orders and no major injuries. Coordinated asbestos testing, abatement, and air monitoring to ensure proper disposal of all Asbestos Containing Material.
- Served as project contact in handling scheduled and unannounced inspections by all city, state, and insurance regulatory agencies
- Solely responsible for the review, negotiation and approval of monthly payment requisitions
- Managed project scope through negotiation and precise execution of change orders, resulting in less than 5% variance to the original project budget. Reviewed and responded to contractor claims.
PS 13 Demolition, $890K Contract
June 2007 – Oct 2007
- Oversaw demolition of mini building, school playground, and removal of 3 temporary classroom units
- Ensured site safety through enforcement of SCA safety standards, coordination of asbestos testing, and contact with safety inspectors
- Sole representative on site for client coordinating inspections and ensuring contract delivery.
SKILL, CERTIFICATIONS, & TRAINING
ENGINEERING & DESIGN: SAP2000, AutoCAD, Primavera Construction, Expedition, P3, Microsoft Visio, TransCAD, QRS II/GNE
SOFTWARE: Windows XP/Vista/7, Mac OS X, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word) 2003/2007/2010, C++
LANGUAGES: Conversational in Cantonese
TRAINING: 30 Hour OSHA Training Course in Construction Safety & Health , 10 Hour OSHA Training Course in Construction Safety & Health, 7 Hour Site Safety Manager Orientation Training, NYC DOB 4 Hour Supported Scaffold User Certification, Versed in EEO Compliance
CERTIFICATION: Engineer in Training (EIT)
HOBBIES & COMMUNITY SERVICE: Math tutor, tutored fellow students at former schools; Member of the United East men's basketball team; Assistant coach to the United East junior's basketball team
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS: Construction Management Association of America (CMAA), American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
Parsons Brinckerhoff, New York, NY, US, Construction Engineer II
Provide construction management consultation services to the New York City School Construction Authority
Columbia University, New York, NY, US, Masters, Civil Engineering