As a recent Structural Engineering graduate with a passion for construction, I am excited about a professional career to contribute my services and continue pursuing my passion in engineering. I have more than a year of experience as a SolidWorks and construction intern, with proficiency in programs such as Matlab, AutoCAD, SAP, LISA, MS Word, and PowerPoint.
I have a tremendous ambition to be a part of something bigger than myself, and would love to be a part of a company culture that promotes qualities such as teamwork, respect, integrity and passion. These are qualities I feel strongly about in myself and I am sure my positive attitude combined with my drive to make a difference will help me become a very strong performer. My professional career is by far my biggest priority and I am ready to dedicate any amount of time necessary to ensure that I can succeed at my career in finance.
With my prior work experience, I have developed numerous strengths that I feel can be advantageous at any organization. As a Development Engineer and Technician, I worked a great deal with engineering different modifications to facilitate in constructions with a team of professional contractors. Through the different projects, I was able to learn different construction techniques to help with the projects. With the opportunity to work on multiple team projects, I had a flow of verbal communication with my coworkers and consciously attempted to be very clear and concise to increase productivity. At my CAD internship, I would create different CAD programs every day with a team consisting of three people. These daily events helped develop my programming skills into one of my strengths and also assisted me to learn to work well with others to deliver the best overall work. The fast paced, deadline driven environment also helped me develop an advanced level of computational ability and learn more complicated functionality in software such as Matlab and RISA.
I feel that my experience as a construction and CAD intern has prepared my analytical nature and work ethic, which has made me the perfect candidate for an engineering position at your company. I would love to have the opportunity to discuss my potential candidacy in more depth and would like to have the opportunity to interview for your company’s position in the near future.
Charles Lee Powell Lab, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, US, Development Engineer and Technician
• Installed instrumentation (strain gauges and accelerometers) to provide deformation data for structure
• Set-up fundamental add-ons to Seismic Response Modification Devices (SRMDs)
• Engineered different modifications to facilitate in constructions.
SolidProfessor, San Diego, CA, US, Design Engineer
• Designed different models and parts using CAD program SolidWorks
• Developed instructional videos via SolidWorks for new users
• Programmed e-drawings and assembly plans for different parts and assemblies
University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, US, Bachelors, Civil Engineering
Relevant Coursework: Construction Engineering, Concrete and Steel Structures construction, design, and fabrication, Maintenance of Civil and Engineered Systems & Design of Seismic Structures
International Sign Association
• Installed instrumentation (strain gauges) to provide deformation data for structure
• Organized data cables and I-cables to aid in testing
Special Moment Frame (SMF)
• Designed an optimal steel frame structure under certain load and seismic conditions
• Determined and calculated the steel components of the structure: size of columns, girders, welds, and moment connection plates