TUTT Brooklyn, Brooklyn, Marketing and Communications Manager (Pro Bono)
• Developing the business plan and outreach plans for this new program (soon to be a 501c3 nonprofit).
• Lead on all marketing and communications for the program. Creating the collateral, creating and updating the website and managing the copy for the website and emails.
• Assist with development and sustainability efforts and strategize on the program’s direction.
CFY, New York, NY, US, Program Coordinator
• Implemented our Digital Learning Program (DLP) in select New York City public schools serving 8925 students. Develop relationships with current and prospective partner school key stakeholders.
• Managed and organized large amounts of data using Salesforce and Microsoft Excel. Attained 96% accuracy with all of my assigned data throughout the 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 school years.
• Built outreach strategies and branding (collateral on Publisher and Photoshop) with Community Relations & Sustainability and searched for digital learning content for our learning platform PowerMyLearning.com.
• Created and led trainings for full-time and part-time staff improve job function.
• Revamped processes for communicating with schools, to increase support initiatives, and to implement new programmatic systems.
AmeriCorps VISTA, New York, NY, US, NYC Civic Corps - Marketing Associate, Volunteer Manager, Public Affairs Coordinator
Marketing Associate & Volunteer Manager, Green City Force (Feb 2010 – Aug 2010)
• Managed recruitment for the 2nd cohort of Clean Energy Corps and increased the number of applicants by 1000% due to extensive outreach and branding strategies.
• Formulated marketing plans, created digital marketing strategies, developed website content and implemented outreach strategies for the Corps program.
• Oversaw all scheduling for volunteers and workforce groups for the NYC Cool Roofs initiative.
• Recruited over 350 volunteers during summer 2010 and managed a large volunteer database (Microsoft Access)
Public Affairs Coordinator, Bedford-Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation (July 2009 – Feb 2010)
• Developed client outreach plan and volunteer management strategies with the Senior VP of Programs and Project Manager.
• Increased the annual 10K Fun Run/5K Community Walk number of participants by 150% in one year
• Identified and established new partnership locally and citywide.
• Netted over $38,000 in in-kind donations for the annual RFK Holiday Party 2009.
University Directories, Chapel Hill, NC, US, Marketing Intern, Account Executive
• Achieved 25% of the team’s sales goal out of a regional team of 5 interns.
• Examined business hubs, created and compared marketing strategies, sifted through competition in the area and distributed researched territories to my marketing team in the Baton Rouge area.
• Liaison between the Art and Sales Departments and my clients to ensure client satisfaction.
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, US, Bachelors, Communication Studies
To study communication is to explore how we form, maintain, and transform the symbolic environments we inhabit through rhetoric, performance, and communicative interactions. I minored in Sociology to fully understand people in society and how communication effects us all. I studied case studies on marketing and advertising campaigns and the communication that exists and the impacts on the general public and sections of the public.