Dan has over 20 years of architectural design and project management experience. He has successfully managed the planning, design, construction documentation, and construction administration phases of major public and private projects ranging from major renovations, ground-up construction, design build, retail centers, office complexes, hotel ADA upgrades, high density residential, tenant improvements, restaurants, master-planning and entitlement projects. Dan has a proven ability to work closely with clients, contractors, planners, engineers, and agency officials to meet project goals and resolve difficult project issues. Dan has also shown proficiency in creating construction documents and providing efficient construction administration. He has excellent interpersonal skills; and works effectively with consultants, general contractors and tradesmen.
- Certifications: Licensed Architect, NCARB Certified, LEED AP BD+C
- Specialties: - Design, design development, construction detailing, project management, structural systems coordination, consultant coordination, construction administration, 3D renderings, BIM, hand drawing and sketching.
- Commercial office buildings, mixed-use, retail, low to medium density housing, hospitality, hotels, industrial, and government projects.
- Steel frame, high rise, masonry, wood frame and concrete construction.
Lee & Sakahara Architects, Irvine, CA, US, Senior Project manager
Oversee and manage multiple projects and production teams to produce entitlement packages, development documents and construction documents of Hotel, Commercial, and Restaurant projects. Customize the architectural design and construction specifications documents and administer the construction of projects.
* Regularly meet with clients, contractors, and governing officials to ensure client satisfaction.
* Process entitlements and permit approvals in multiple jurisdictions.
* Coordinating Architectural, MEP, Structural, Interiors and Civil disciplines.
* Construction Administration and coordination with city officials and general contractors.
* Use of Revit and AutoCAD to produce construction documents.
* Mentor interns and staff concerning the architectural process.
* Manage, consult and research the implementation of applicable building codes within firm.
* Manage and organize in house training and implementation of document standards.
* Promoted to Associate after 3 years.
MCG Architecture, Irvine, CA, US, Project Manager
Project Team management and design of Retail projects for clients to MCG Architecture.
- Speacializing in Revit modeling and Construction documentation.
-Multiple renovation and new construction projects with Starbucks Coffee Company.
LKV Architects, Boise, ID, US, Project Architect
Responsible for complete architectural projects including: proposals, presentations, contract negotiations, client relations, design, design development, programming, cost estimates, construction documents, specifications, administration, etc.
Beecher Walker & Associates, Salt Lake City, UT, US, Project Manager
Managed a construction document team of drafters for the construction of multiple office and retail projects. Coordinated with senior designer on multiple design projects, and implemented requirements during construction administration.
• Managed design development, construction documents, and construction administration of a multi story 150,000 sq ft office building and parking structure and a separate 200,000 sq ft office building and parking structure. Implemented curtain wall systems and coordinated building systems with engineers and construction manager. Integrated traction elevator systems and design with engineers and elevator contractor. Designed and developed plans for the post tensioned multi level parking structure. Complimented for the coordination of site integration and refined design coordination with civil engineers of the complex site restrictions and seismic fault lines.
• Designed and developed the plans for a new international focused banking branch. Developed design and integrated in vault and security requirements. Also implemented vacuum transport systems and ATM and innovative teller line systems. Produced construction documents and cost estimate to conform to budget requirements and design parameters. Provided construction administration, building systems and consultant engineering coordination. Project was completed under budget and on schedule.
• Participated in the detailing and design concept for a new casino in Las Vegas, Nevada involving the integration of the hotel and one of the largest Ferris wheels in the world. Also developed, and assisted with the design and construction documentation for a new resort hotel on the coast of Texas, integrating modern hurricane resistance techniques and integrated parking structures and other facilities.
Pasker Gould Ames & Weaver, Salt Lake City, UT, US, Project Manager
Project Management, design development and construction document production of multiple commercial office complexes, retail shopping centers, Big Box retail, out lot buildings, site master plans and tenant build outs. Design and development of commercial office complexes, retail, restaurants, shopping centers, industrial facilities, hotels and other projects located in multiple states including Texas, Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Oregon, and California. Involved directly with consultants, clients and building officials.
Leatham & Krohn Architects, Boise, ID, US, Senior Drafter
Project Management, design development and construction document production of multiple projects.
The University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, US, MArch, Architecture
Master of Architecture focusing studies in green building design and alternate building practices. Minored in Aisian Studies.
“Beyond the Edge of Discovery, Architecture to facilitate the study and public awareness of ocean wave power on the coasts of Oregon”, 2005.