ARCHITECT ▪ DESIGNER ▪ PROJECT MANAGER
Experienced in all aspects of building process: research/programming through closeout.
MANAGEMENT SKILLS: I can hit the ground running, understanding the myriad issues at work on a project, with a short learning curve.
▪ Contract negotiation: Owner/Architect and Architect/Consultant
▪ Coordination of the architectural team with Owner’s team, and all consultant disciplines.
▪ Scheduling: fluent user of Microsoft Project
▫ Managed internal project budget to meet firm’s profitability goals
▫ Monitored construction cost budget to meet client’s goals
▫ Fluent user of Microsoft Excel
▪ Code analysis
▪ Contract Documentation
▫ Created cartoon sets to map out the complete document scope
▫ Managed production of documents – drawings and specifications
▫ Coordinated consultants (engineering, landscape, A/V, acoustic, theater design, food service)
▫ Coordinated plan reviews with AHJ
▫ Coordinated permitting process
▫ Fluent user of Revit Architecture and AutoCAD
▪ Contract Administration
▫ Led project meetings and ensured proper documentation of all project activities
▫ Responded to Contractor’s RFIs
▫ Reviewed submittals
▫ Observed construction progress
▫ Anticipated problems and challenges, and fostered collaboration and buy-in to resolve them
▪ Staff coordination and mentoring of less experienced team members
TEAM LEADERSHIP: I can provide effective team leadership, to facilitate an enjoyable and satisfying project experience for all stakeholders.
▪ I enjoy identifying optimal personnel for team, team building, setting goals, and tracking progress
▪ I derive satisfaction from supervising less-experienced staff members
▪ I am comfortable addressing Client concerns and facilitating open communication among all project stakeholders
PROJECT TYPES FOR WHICH I HAVE DEEP EXPERIENCE:
▪ Education (K-12 and Higher Ed)
▪ Performing Arts
▪ Historic Preservation/Adaptive Reuse
University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, NC, US, Adjunct Instructor
I am currently teaching Professional Practice in the B.Arch and M.Arch programs at UNC Charlotte. I retooled the course content, coordinated guest lecturers with curriculum, mentored and evaluated classes of 60+ students.
Perlmutter Architects, Charlotte, NC, US, Principal
I am engaged in ongoing business development, small commercial projects, and development initiatives for the hospitality sector in the Carolinas.
Little Diversified Architectural Consulting, Charlotte, NC, US, Sr Project Manager
For several K-12 public school projects in NC, I was point person from project inception through closeout, managing design, production, and construction contract administration.
Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools, NC
▪ Idlewild Elementary School – 65,000 SF phased replacement and partial renovation
▪ South Mecklenburg HS Center for Math, Science, and Technology – 62,000 SF classroom building for specialized science and technology education
Surry County Public Schools, NC
▪ Rockford Elementary School – new 67,000 SF school
▪ Pilot Mountain Middle School – new 94,000 SF school
▪ Pilot Mountain Elementary School – 50,000 SF phased renovation plus additions to existing middle school
RJ Heisenbottle Architects, Coral Gables, FL, US, Sr Project Manager
For one of the leading Preservation Architects in the eastern US, I was point person for several historic restoration/preservation projects, with a special concentration on performing arts venues. All phases, from programming through contract administration. I also authored two Existing Historic Building Evaluation Reports, coordinating the contributions of all consultant disciplines.
▪ Colony Theater Restoration, Miami Beach
▪ Athens Theater Historic Restoration, DeLand, FL
▪ Lyric Theater Historic Restoration and Addition, Miami
▪ Lou Rawls Center for the Performing Arts at Florida Memorial University, Miami
▪ South Side School Restoration and Hardy Park Redevelopment, Ft Lauderdale
▪ Meadowbrook Elementary School Phased Replacement, Broward County Schools
▪ Existing Historic Building Evaluation Report: Southside Elementary School, Miami
▪ Existing Historic Building Evaluation Report: South Side School, Ft. Lauderdale
Arquitectonica, Miami, FL, US, Senior Designer/Project Manager
I was lead designer for many projects of various types, including those listed below as well as Justice, Residential, Office, Mixed-use, and Retail project types. I led design teams – for a highly design-oriented firm – in production of conceptual and schematic design presentations, meeting serial tough deadlines in a very high-energy environment. In later years, I was lead designer and primary client liaison for high-profile institutional projects for the Miami City Ballet and the Miami Children’s Museum, as well as for the 3,000 room, $1.1 million Planet Hollywood Hotel/Casino in Las Vegas.
▪ Miami City Ballet Performance/Education/Administrative Facility, Miami Beach
▪ Miami Children’s Museum, Miami
▪ Planet Hollywood Hotel/Casino/Convention Center, Las Vegas
▪ Dozens of other commercial and public sector projects and design studies
2 periods of employment during noted years, totalling 8.5 years with the firm.
Architectural Association School of Architecture (AA), London, UK, Diploma Program
Worked with Rem Koolhaas, Elia Zenghelis, Zaha Hadid
Oberlin College, Oberlin, OH, US, Bachelors, Liberal Arts
Individual Major w/concentration in Architecture, Math, Art History
Institute for Architecture and Urban Studies, New York, NY, US, Program in Undergraduate Architectural Education