I am an architectural designer, a third generation architect, and a lover of great design. I think and draw by hand. I am actively looking for employment with a visionary firm who can appreciate a creative with an eye for solutions. I am actively seeking my Masters of Architecture at the Academy of Art University, and am writing my first of many books. I have extensive experience with leadership, management, sales, high-end clientele, and residential construction and retail build-out.
W creations, Long Beach, CA, US, Principle
• Sales manager: Personally sold $5 million dollars in design and construction projects over 7 years.
• Creative director: Created a business that utilized my talent as a Sales Leader, Architectural Designer and General Contractor. Personally designed 75 high-end residential and retail store projects over 7 years.
• Project management: Successful oversight of as many as 12 concurrent construction projects at a time, to their completion and the customers’ delight.
• Operations Manager: Managed 7 people in the office, 40 construction workers in the field, and up to 20 sub-contractors and artisans.
• Winner of Angie’s list “super service” award in 2010 for multiple satisfied customers
• 5 years on the National Kitchen & Bath Association design referral list –top designers
• Certified Green Builder 2007-2008 with Build it Green
Mervyn's /Target Corp., Huntington Beach, CA, US, Store Director
• Sales manager: Led our store team to sales of 60 million over 5 years
• Operations manager: Responsible for operations improvements at the district level, by scrutinizing numbers and problem solving solutions, thereby lowering shrink and increasing profit.
• Store manager: Managed, developed and led 5 assistant store managers and over 100 store employees. Managed a department store with 12 million dollars in annual sales revenue.
• Creative director: Created groundbreaking training programs in internal ‘Logistics’ (operations). Also, won district wide award for creating an instruction manual that simplified and lowered shrink at the district level as well as increasing profits in all areas.
• Increased P&L at my store of 68/ 100, to a score of 92/100 within 2 years
• Strength’s Finder: Skillfully selected the right people for the right positions based on strengths. Thereby creating a culture of excellence, and results, and maximized corporate contributions
• Recruited talent and was a training manager (5 store managers elevated out through my stores)
• District Liaison between field operations managers and headquarters for new initiatives in operations, and roll outs.
• Top three in customer satisfaction in company
Triangle Sports/ Sports Universe, Long Beach, CA, US, Partner
• Creative director: a ‘high end’ sports specialty store making $600,000.00 in the first year.
Created a new ‘sports specialty’ concept where we sold athletic sportswear along with Tommy Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren ‘Polo’ as a lifestyle destination shop. Designed and ‘built out’, both locations personally.
• Sales manager: Led a team who sold 3 million dollars in sports specialty sportswear, active-wear and footwear over 5 years, in 1,000 square feet. Marketed the business, and was noted in the Press Telegram (Triangle Sports) newspaper (1995).
• Operations manager: responsible for the daily operations of a $600,000.00 asset.
• Multi-unit manager: Managed two independent locations 2002-2005
• Recruited amazing sales talent
Ralphs/ Food 4 Less Warehouse Stores, Stanton, CA, US, Grocery manager
• Creative director: Award winning; ‘Best display and Design’ for 22 stores (Northern California)
• Created my own schematics for store displays to maximize sales and profits
• Store manager: Managed 300 union employees with great success
• Strengths Finder: Identified, promoted and developed many up into peer management positions.
• Operations manager: Managed most profitable (by percent of sales) location in chain (Stanton Food 4 Less 1994). Controlled shrink and merchandised for profit, sales impulse and upselling.
Academy Of Art University, Online, MArch, Master of Architecture
Studying all areas of creative expression through architecture, history and model making.
University of Phoenix, Fountain Valley, CA, US, Bachelors, Business Administration
Long Beach City College, Long Beach, CA, US, Interior design
Studied for three years in all areas of interior design with talented expert Juliana Edlund