see all...Viewing 3 out of 7 projects
While completing my education at the College of Architecture and Design, I was able to gain valuable architectural and construction management experience in the federal sector while working with the US General Services Administration as a Student Trainee Architect. Here I learned how to make important design and financial decisions that helped progress the specific project at hand. I also gained experience maintaining vital relationships with clients and contractors and comprising their last minute changes. Following graduation, I have worked as a consultant and designer on various projects which incorporated my architectural design and planning experience. Alternately my experience at Gary Kliesch Associates and Architects in Rutherford, NJ allowed me to obtain many skills in design development that can only be learned under a licensed architect in a professional firm. Because GKA is a small private firm, I was able to learn not just the architectural side of the field but also the MEP, which was all done in-house. Given that I was involved in close proximity to a variety of projects, I was able to get practical experience with many sides of projects. I am also pursuing a Masters of Architecture in the near future.
I believe my architectural experience is further balanced with my versatility and desire to stay up to date in a multitude of design software packages and technologies, including AutoCAD and BIM, as well as an array of graphic design applications. My strong initiative combined with my ability to learn quickly and efficiently will enable me to make a substantial contribution to your company. I would be grateful for an opportunity to discuss how my skill s and strengths can best serve your company. Please feel free to contact me 973 – 800 – 7389 to discuss the position in detail. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing back from you.
OGP Architects LLP, Hightstown, NJ, US, Junior Architect
Freelance Design and Construction, Clifton, NJ, US, Freelance Designer and Consultant
- Designed and headed new design for Frozen Yogurt Kiosk in Newport Mall in Newport, New Jersey -- Consulted on relocation and expansion of The Yogurt Shop
- Designed and oversaw renovations to the Highland Laundromat and Highland Deli Mart
- Repaired water drainage system for multiple residences
- Installed hardwood flooring for multiple residences
- Renovated kitchens and bathrooms for multiple residences
- Provided consultations, scale drawings and photo-realistic renderings for multiple kitchen designs, bathroom designs and interior residential furnishings
gk+a Architects, PC, Rutherford, NJ, US, Junior Architect
My position is required to draft projects; pick up redlines; small design tasks as a part of a
larger design; creating sheet layouts; and performing quality assurance on drawings. Additionally,
I would perform preliminary code analysis under the supervision of an architect and
create preliminary renderings for clients.
- Performed a variety of architectural assignments by utilizing design standards and techniques
- Drafted with Project Managers on many retail projects including but not limited to Dunkin’ Donuts, QuickChek and Sleepy’s.
- Conducted Site Surveys and Drafted Existing Conditions
- Assisted alongside seniors with preparation of CD’s and proposed layouts
- Utilized multiple design software packages for preparation of architectural drawings including 2D and 3D modeling
- Introduced new creative ideas and innovative programs such as REVIT and Illustrator to better designs for clients
- Used multiple design programs to create photo-realistic renderings.
Alu Tech LLC, Lake Hopatcong, NJ, US, Design Intern
- Search for Jobs that require Custom Architectural Pipe and Tube Railing.
- Send proposal and once bid is excepted design and fabrication starts.
American Stucco, Irvington, NJ, US, Stucco Laboere
- Exterior plastering and stucco
- Prepared buildings for acrylic and cement stucco
- Applied stucco and brick face
- Applied Stone façade to multiple residences
U. S. General Services Administration, Northeast and Caribbean Region, Newark, NJ, US, Student Trainee Architect
- Managed high end government projects including FBI, INS, US Attorneys and Federal Courthouse
- Designed multiple offices and jail facilities in the Peter Rodino Immigration Building
- Worked closely with the term contractors, design/construction project designers and managers, in order to execute projects within the multitude of confines imposed by clients, budgets, schedules and policies.
New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark, NJ, BArch, Architecture
Studio Design - Learned theoretical typology of diverse architecture and applied them to our projects
Building Systems, Structures - Studied various building types and material types
Landscape Architecture - Studied ways to improve landscape around project to further its function and appeal
History of Architecture - Learned historic mistakes and memorized important basic architectural landmarks and historic structures that made a huge impact in the world.
Special Needs Design - Studied various special needs design. for example, Dementia, nursing homes, elderly communities
Simulated Environments - Learned how to digitally create cities with architectural projects inside a 'gaming' environment
Diagramming - Learned how to graphically create visual representations of textual and verbal ideas
Photography - Architectural and historic photography methods
Lighting Design - Studied various types of lights and created our own
Model Making - Learned how to make physical scale representations of our theoretical projects
Passaic Country Technical Institute, Wayne, NJ, US, Photoshop/Office
Photoshop - Learned basic and advanced photo editing techniques.
Office - A general course that teaches the most used and useful office programs. I.E word, excel, powerpoint.
Rotary Youth Leadership Award, Nomination
Ambassador of the Matchpia Campaign, Award
Certificate of Recognition for being a "committed citizen" by participating in the NJIT: Association of Indian Students and Delta Phi Omega Bone Marrow Drive.