I have recently completed my Master of Architecture degree from the University of Virginia in May of 2012. Now I am beginning to craft a career where I feel that I can constantly broaden and push my skills as a designer in a professional environment. I am excited about the prospect of contributing to architectural projects that are innovative and inspirational while also providing practical solutions to real circumstances.
I believe that the most enlightening and beneficial experiences in design come through collaboration. What I aspire to gain from any professional position is a chance to work closely as part of a collaboration with other creative minds in analysis and response to real-world projects, issues, and situations.
I became a designer because I am passionate about the prospect of changing the built environment in a way that ensures a better future for life, human and otherwise, on this planet.
Kalvin Design Studios, Naples, FL, US, Intern
• Scanned, digitized, and reorganized over 200 sets of construction drawings.
• Created an accessible digital database containing said drawing sets for all employees.
• Made design changes in AutoCAD to outdated/incorrect construction drawings based on
redlining and input from the principal.
Community Electric of Naples, FL, Inc., Naples, FL, US, Intern
• Performed analysis of mechanical and electrical systems of over a dozen commercial
• Made monetary calculations for electrical systems based on submitted drawing sets.
• Used these figures to submit bids for commercial and residential developments.
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, US, MArch, Architecture
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, US, BArch, Architecture
Eduardo Arroyo Belmont Vortex, Honorable Mention