see all...Viewing 3 out of 9 projects
"Victor is an innovative and creative problem solver who produces detailed work product. A vaulable team member." ~ Sr. VP of Design/Construction Services, Flagler
Mr. Nieves' diverse experience and education in Architecture, Development, Construction and Management enables him to integrate analytic management abilities with creative problem solving talents and diverse interpersonal skills to successfully lead his projects teams.
• Steer the overall design, permitting and construction process.
• Develop budgets and schedules ensuring objectives are achieved.
• Generate reports to communicate project status with superiors and clients.
• Foster teamwork ethic between all parties.
• Champion meetings internally and externally.
• Guide the demolition and abatement of buildings.
• Oversee environmental site assessments and necessary remediation.
• Lead the design team to creative and cost effective solutions.
• Solicit proposals, negotiate terms, select team and prepare contracts.
• Obtain building permit and any other necessary approvals.
• Coordinate service requirements with utility companies.
• Inspect onsite construction practices and resolve issues.
• Create tracking logs and organize submittal, RFI and CO files.
• Manage independent testing and reporting process.
• Supervise commissioning team through facility acceptance.
• Evaluate payment applications for approval and processing.
• Spearhead the selection, purchase and installation of FF&E.
• Perform final inspections, prepare punchlist and close out project.
With his versatility, Mr. Nieves will create order, invent solutions and connect people during the Design, Contract Documents, Bidding, Permitting, Construction and Close-Out phases to achieve all objectives on time and under budget while simultaneously upholding the highest standards of quality, safety and design.
Currently Seeking Next Career Opportunity, Development / Design / Construction Company
• Open to relocate to West Coast, Southeast or NYC preferred.
Flagler Real Estate Development, Coral Gables, FL, US, Project Manager - Design/Construction Services
• Co-managed the Design/Construction of Cordoba (www.cordobadoralapts.com), a $34 million, LEED-Silver certified, 224 unit, residential building which when completed realized $3 million in savings.
• Co-managed the Design/Permitting of Vista Blanca (www.downtowndoral.com), a $82 million, 205 unit, residential building.
• Assisted on the Renovation of 7950 Professional Center (www.downtowndoral.com), a $6.4 million, office condominium.
• Completed the Demolition of 8 buildings totaling $2 million.
• Orchestrated the Construction of numerous Office & Flex warehouse tenant improvements on time & under budget.
• Managed the Remediation of various contaminated sites legally & safely.
• Achieved 1st LEED AP certification company wide and was selected to co-develop the corporate Sustainability Task Force.
Rilea Group, Miami, FL, US, Development Assistant
• Influenced the Development/Design of 1450 Brickell (www.1450brickell.com), a $137.5 million, LEED Gold-certified, office building.
• Lead the Marketing/Advertising of One Broadway (www.onebroadway.com), a $100 million rental building.
• Managed the Design/Construction & fit-out of One Broadway's two leasing centers.
• Other projects: 1080 Brickell, Floresta.
RVL Architects, Coconut Grove, FL, US, Architecture Associate
• Collaborated on the Design/Construction Administration of Jade Brickell, a $295 million, Luxury Residential building.
• Other projects: The Collection, The Bath Club, Neo Vertika and Porto Vita.
Forbes Architects, Coral Gables, FL, US, Architecture Associate
University of Denver, Denver, CO, US, Masters, Real Estate & Construction Management
University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL, US, BArch, Architecture
• Awarded the Alpha Rho Chi Medal for Leadership.
• Elected AIAS President 1999 & Secretary 1998.
• Conceived of the design for the Valujet Flight 592 Memorial.