Landscape design professional with strengths in the design and installation of planting and irrigation, as well as in consultative selling, project management, and administration.
Excited about contributing to the present and future of sustainable landscape design.
Dept. of Commerce, Los Angeles Regional Census Center, Northridge, CA, US, Regional Technician
One of four area management team members working with the management teams of Local Census Offices through nine, often overlapping, operations
• Opened five offices; trained managers; oversaw all activities including the recruitment of 20,000+ applicants, the hiring and training of 4,500+ employees in five days, the implementation of structured field and office procedures, and the meeting of strict timelines for each operation; acquired two additional offices; and, finally, closed out all offices.
Dept. of Commerce, Los Angeles Regional Census Center, Northridge, CA, US, Workers' Compensation Clerk
Learned, adapted, and implemented the Federal Workers’ Compensation claims processing system for the LA Regional Census Center which processed over 500 claims during the 2010 Census.
• Trained regional staff in the claims process.
• Prepared procedural claims guidelines for use by 39 Local Census Offices.
Time Warner Cable Media Sales, Camarillo, CA, US, Account Manager
(Employment continued with Time Warner after its acquisition of Adelphia.)
• Retained important Ventura County advertising group despite major advertising changes proposed by their out-of-state ownership. Then, grew this new relationship into a regional SoCal advertising group.
Adelphia Media Services, Camarillo, CA, US, Account Executive
Created, presented, and sold strategic marketing plans to achieve clients’ goals; managed all aspects of on-going accounts; continued to build relationships and earn greater share of clients’ advertising budgets.
• Earned numerous regional sales awards including two “Sales Representative of the Quarter” plaques and a “Budget Buster” trophy for sales 43% above annual budget.
Adelphia Media Services, Newbury Park, CA, US, Marketing Coordinator
Regional marketing team member and trainer; frequent contributor of regional research and marketing pieces as well as providing local Ventura County marketing services.
• Awarded “Certificate of Recognition” for contribution to key sales tool, “Cable Outperforms Newspaper”.
Los Angeles Pierce College, Woodland Hills, CA, US, Associate of Science, Landscape Planning and Design
Completed remaining courses for two Associate of Science Degrees: AS Landscape Planning and Design as well as an AS Landscape Installation and Maintenance.
Simi Valley Adult School, Simi Valley, CA, US, AutoCAD
Completed two certificates: AutoCAD and CAD Drafting Principles. Also participated in hands-on lectures throughout this period in Photoshop and Graphic Design.
Budget Buster Award, 1st Place
Voted Employee of the Year by 160 employees of Adelphia Media Services.
Two Sales Rep of the Quarter Awards, 1st Place
Earned Teamwork Award for Adelphia Media Services' Western Region out of 160 employees.
Employee of the Year, 1st Place
Earned the Budget Buster Award for sales 143% above goal with Adelphia Media Services' Western Region.
Teamwork Award, 1st Place
Earned two Sales Rep of the Quarter Awards for Adelphia Media Services' Western Region.