I am an engineer who has worked for URS Corporation as an office engineer on several large public infrastructure projects in New York City for the past 4 years. I enjoyed my work because I felt that it was important work for New York City as I remediated Ground Zero, improved the security of a city government building in Brooklyn and renovated a historic museum in queens. My hobbies are cycling and sailing, I enjoy them because they allow me to experience New York from uncommon perspectives.
URS Corporation, New York, NY, US, Office Engineer
Queens Museum of Art Renovation, Queens, NY
● Manage the schedule of submittals required by the Contractors according to the General Contract.
● Organize all contract documents, deliverables and Design Drawings for audits by DDC Team.
● Produce Requests for Information, Monthly Reports, Stop Work Orders and Meeting Minutes
11 MetroTech Center Security Upgrade, Brooklyn, NY
● Serve as the daily field liaison to the government agencies DDC & NYPD CCU.
● Coordinate construction work between the clients, facility, FDNY, MTA, DEP, NYU-Poly and DOT for asphalt paving, excavation, concrete pouring & delivery of bulletproof security kiosks surrounding the NYC 911 Emergency Call Center.
● Producing final close-out documents for project, focusing on QA/QC documentation
130 Liberty St Project, New York, NY
● Track asbestos, lead and microbial abatement and structural deconstruction of decontaminated floors.
● Create a database to track all project man hours used for T&M ticket management.
● Produce labor analysis reports, financial projections and cost accruals.
● Address weekly review meetings with T&M ticket status and project percent complete estimates.
● Compile all accounts receivable and accounts payable documents for submission to the client.
● Forecast URS’s future work costs to produce Work Orders and Amendments.
lafayette college, Easton, PA, US, Bachelors, Engineering/Economics
Double Major with a Bachelor of Arts in Engineering and a Bachelor of Arts in Economics & Business.
Eagle Scout - Boy Scouts of America, Award
I was very active in the Boy Scouts of America and my community during my youth and earned my Eagle Scout Award as a senior in high school.