I am a Connecticut Licensed and NCARB certified architect from Fairfield County.
I am most interested in modern residential design and materials but have a strong background in historic preservation and a great appreciation of colonial era construction and the New England farm house.
Roger Ferris + Partners, Westport, CT, US, architect
Project Architect responsible for Schematic Design through Contract Administration and Construction Observation for residential projects while sometimes overseeing a team of 1-3 interns.
7 Story Manhattan Townhouse featuring a 12' wide winding stair seamlessly clad in Corina over 6 floors.
This is a very complex project with thin floor plates to maximize ceiling heights so the owners can show off their art collection.
- Responsible for Design Development and client presentation packages.
- Generating highly detailed CDs for construction, permits and landmarks submission.
- Coordination of complex building systems via meetings and sharing drawings with engineers.
7,500sq.ft. Manhattan Penthouse
This 21st floor apartment overlooks Madison Square Park.
- The systems coordination presents a special challenge in this space. The apartments below are stacked developer units and the final unit one floor above ours is a custom designed space. I have been responsible for coordination of internal building systems in with the goal of satisfying the need to connect these systems while maintaining the integrity of our design and the clients specific needs.
- Other responsibilities include generating CDs and presentation work.
- Code review.
4,000sq.ft. apartment overlooking the Guggenheim to the north and Central Park to the west.
This project is an interior retrofit.
- Generate CDs and code review with an emphasis on ADA compliance.
BD Remodeling & Restoration, Fishers Island, NY, US, Assistant Project Manager
Assistant Project Manager
Currently assisting in construction management of three residential projects in various stages of design and construction.
- Composing estimates for bid packages
- Coordinating trades and sub-contractors
- Ordering materials and organizing specifications
- Inspecting work on site to evaluate quality and coordination with drawings
- Checking shop drawings for conformance and accuracy in accordance with built conditions and design intent
Sam Fitzgerald Architect, PC, Greenwich, CT, US, Junior Architect
Junior Architect - Job Captain Greenwich, CT
- Assist in project management by coordinating 2-3 person teams to produce Construction Documents and conduct Construction Administration for residential projects
- Research specifications and coordinate with vendors, manufacturers and engineers
- Review contractor's request for payments
- Meet with clients to establish design goals for finishes, built-ins and hardware during construction
- Support and assist lead architect in all phases of planning and design
- Design furniture pieces and light fixtures
BD Design inc, Greenwich, CT, US, Designer - Job Captain
- Produced Construction Documents from Programming phase through Contract Administration:
- As-built and cataloged historic hardware, timber frames and fireplaces for reuse in new construction
- Produced schematic drawings and 3D models using SketchUp and hand sketches
- Evaluated code and zoning requirements, secured permits
- Produced Bid Documents, Construction Documents and SKs
Lerner Ladds Bartels, Providence, RI, US, Drafter
- Assisted design on projects include a newly constructed Church, a newly constructed Library and the renovation of another Library:
- Constructed whiteboard models
- Picked up redlines for construction
- Created interior elevation drawings
- As-built drawings of existing structures
Rhode Island School of Design (RISD), Providence, RI, US, BArch, Architecture