1108 Valley Glen Rd, Elkins Park, PA 19027
voice: 215-379-4131 cell: 215-565-6397 mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Highly innovative self-starter with strong creative performance in graphic design looking for a position that continually drives to be one-step ahead of the competition.
Demonstrated results that strengthened brand image and drove business growth.
Proven leadership and team player with the ability to manage projects in a fast-paced environment, easily connecting with various personalities.
• Web Design • E-mail marketing • Print Ad
• Direct Mail • Promotions • Package Design
• Brand Identity • Event / Trade Show • Project Management
THE ELIZABETH HOUSE LIFE CENTER, Wilmington, DE
Director of Creative Service, August 2012 – Present
FREELANCE ART DIRECTOR / CONSULTANT, April 2011 – July 2012
CLIENTS: United Nations Environment Programme, Loacker, Blue Diamond, Samsca, Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania
THOMAS J. PAUL INCORPORATED, Rydal, PA
Agency of Record for Johnson & Johnson
Senior Art Director/Lead Creative, October 1997 – November 2009
CLIENTS: Johnson’s Baby, Band-Aid, Stayfree, Carefree, o.b., Monistat, Aveeno, Tylenol, Motrin, Zyrtec, Acuvue, Snickers Bar, Ortho Urology, Ethicon Gynecare
• As a key member of marketing team, proactively worked in partnership with account executives and copywriters in initial planning and conceptual phase of projects.
• Assumed lead responsibility for all aspects of creative phases, directing designers, illustrators, photographers, web developers, production artists, and printers through completion.
• Acquired and managed Johnson & Johnson heritage brands, Johnson’s Baby, Band-Aid and Tylenol.
• Built Johnson’s Baby account by developing ownable look and feel for base brands, while introducing Johnson’s Soft as women’s skincare line, significantly increasing Johnson’s volume for agency.
• Created a standardized style guide for Band-Aid. The applicable format for print collateral and display not only built strong branding but also reduced cost for Band-Aid team at J&J.
• Maximized brand impact by creating powerful cross-company promotions on a yearly basis for Johnson & Johnson group of consumer companies: “Safe Kids USA,” “Remarkable Women Awards” and “Experts in Caring.”
• Provided corporate communication for diversity management following corporate merger at Johnson & Johnson.
• Through surround sound creative strategy, launched Johnson & Johnson Global Beauty Care to top beauty industry in U.S.
• Developed and created trade advertising and promotion for Johnson & Johnson key accounts, Walmart and Walgreen’s.
• Developed top-to-top Johnson & Johnson Women’s Wellness creative strategy presentation to Rite-Aid. It brought a first-ever annual business partnership between J&J and Rite-Aid leading to the highest volume of J&J women’s products sales at Rite-Aid.
• Created package design for Promogran Prisma, Carefree Black & Snickers Bar.
Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Quark Xpress, OmniGraffle
Syracuse University, Graduate School, Syracuse, NY
MFA in Advertising Design
Seoul National University, Undergraduate School, Seoul, Korea
BFA in Visual Communication
The Elizabeth House Family Life Center, Inc., Wilmington, DE, US, Director of Creative Services
Lead creative development process and workflow, provide creative feedback, and ensure business objectives are met through design.
Thomas J Paul, Inc, Rydal, PA, Senior Art DIrector / Creative Lead
• Worked in initial planning and conceptual phase of projects with clients and account executives, as a team member.
• Generated concepts, design, and executed creative in print and web.
• Directed and managed designers, photographers, web developers, and production artists through completion of projects.
Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY, US, Advertising Design