• Excellent ability to conceptualize interior space detailing with strong knowledge of documentation, administration, and space planning methodologies.
• Thorough and highly analytical, when identifying root causes of issues that facilitate the development of innovative solutions focused on reducing turnaround time and maintaining the integrity of products, services or projects.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure. Highly collaborative and articulate, always excelling at working independently or within a team environment.
• Excellent talent developing good relationships with clients, design team, suppliers and manufacturers.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Proficient on Microsoft Office Suite programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook • Talented Space Planner
• Extensive Knowledge on AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Illustrator CS5, InDesign CS5 • Excellent Presentation Skills
• Familiar with Apple and Windows Platforms • Adept Concept Development Abilities
• Fully trained on Architectural Drafting
• Excellent Selling, Persuasive, Organizational, and Interpersonal Skills • Outstanding Verbal and Written Communication Skills
• Bilingual- Fluent in English and Spanish
Designer Kay Green Design-Orlando, FL October 2010-June-2012
Planned, designed, and furnished model home merchandising, clubhouses and sales centers, residential properties, leasing offices, commercial office spaces. Acquired extensive experience in residential interior design and luxury home staging. Formulated designs that were practical, aesthetic, and conducive to intended purposes. Maintained focus on raising productivity, selling merchandise and services while preserving client satisfaction and life style. 40hrs plus hrs a week
• Responsible for assisting Senior Designers on interior design projects across the nation that encompassed the preparation of presentation boards, space planning, furniture and fabric selections.
• Prepared construction documents for wall, ceiling & floor details.
• Selected home finishes, furniture, art and accessories.
• Attended walk-through and client meetings when necessary while always conveying the company design ideas and implementation of the design techniques.
• Provided architectural detailing, analysis and modification of plans, elevations, and section drawings
• Collected and organized data, prepared report, specifications, cost estimates, presentation material, digital and print presentations.
• Oversaw and led on-site construction services, to include walk through punch list, review construction drawings, schematics and custom millwork
• Organized construction activities of multiple projects at any given time
• Coordinated residential remodeling projects, new build residential and commercial construction; model home merchandising and real estate staging.
• Initiated space planning and programming based on client interview, products and market research.
• Performed finishes and materials selections and builder specifications.
• Assembled documentation of materials, accessories and parts used in production for specification binders.
Design Consultant Unique Option-Orlando, FL June 2010-September 2010
Offered a variety of products and services that included furniture and accessories for the meeting, event, convention & trade show industries. 40 hrs a week
• Coordinated with Design Director and Senior Project Manager following initial client briefing to interpret Design Concepts and establish Mood boards.
• Maintained and updated a database and library that included updated product and manufactures information as well as supplier schedules.
• Preserved favorable relationships with current and potential contacts and advertising accounts.
• Responsible for servicing several of the company’s accounts while focusing in maximizing the services utilized by each client.
• Made cold calling or prospecting, attended seminars, conventions and trade shows for the purpose of acquiring additional clients and developing strategic alliances with other companies in an effort to secure contracts. This opportunity resulted in learning better techniques and different ways of new business acquisitions.
Assistant Interior Designer Intern KCA International-London, UK July 2008-September 2008
Utilized Photoshop and AutoCAD knowledge while integrated with the research and presentation development team for two major villas projects in Jordan. After proving my worth on the Jordan project, I became lead researcher for sustainable materials and systems for an office complex in Lausanne, Switzerland. 37 hrs a week
• Executed Drafting of Floor Plans, Elevations, and Details
• Space Planning Solutions and Expansion on Design Concepts
• Researched and collected Specification Information and Material Selections
• Performed General Office duties such as Copying, Faxing, and Answering and making Phone Calls
• Responsible for the resource library which would include contacting reps and ordering samples.
Product Development Manager Tourico Holidays-Altamonte Springs, FL October 2008-February 2010
As part of the global products procurement team I secured a competitive Local and International premium dynamic travel inventory to all the top destinations worldwide acquired by forming strategic alliances with hotels, purchasing pre-paid room blocks with exclusive rates and no blackout dates. 40 hrs a week
• Secured targeted, quality new hotel contracts as well as contract renewals in designated destinations via telephone or face-to-face meetings.
• Managed and researchd new target destinations.
• Qualified valid contracts based on competitive best price and availability before submission
• Maintained accurate quality assurance of new hotel product pricing, allotment and availability, destinations by ranking photos, maps, and any additional information required.
Auto Adjuster Travelers-Orlando, FL February 2006-June 2008
Planed, scheduleed, and coordinated the work required to process insurance claims after an automobile accident or damage caused to claimant property due to natural disasters. 40 hrs a week
• Investigated claims by interviewing the claimant and witnesses, consulting police and hospital record, and inspecting property damage to determine liability for the reported loss.
• Consulted other professionals, such as accountants, architects, construction workers, engineers, lawyers, and physicians, who could offer expert opinions that would aid in the evaluation of claims.
• Gathered information such as photographs and statements, recorded audio or video to better process claims.
• Negotiated with claimants and/or attorneys involved to settle the claim in a manner fair to all parties involved.
Property Adjuster PGCS Claims Services-Lake Mary, FL October 2005-February 2006
Investigated claims for property loss or damages against commercial clients. Negotiated with claimants; lawyers, or other parties involved to effectively prevent in-court settlements. 40 hrs a week
• Examined claims form and other records to determine coverage.
• Interviewed, telephoned, or corresponded with claimant and witnesses; consulted police and hospital records; and inspected property damage to determine extend of company’s liability.
• Prepared reports of findings and negotiated settlements.
• Recommended litigation by legal department when settlement could not be negotiated and attended negotiation hearings if necessary.
(BFA) BACHELOR OF FINE ARTS MAJOR IN INTERIOR DESIGN-AUGUST 2009
International Academy of Design & Technology, Orlando, FL
• International Interior Design Association - 386261
• American Society of Interior Designers - 1911973
International Academy of Design & Technology, Orlando, FL, US, BArch, Interior Design
Bachelor of Fine Arts-Interior Design