I am an interior designer educated in the most current technology with a background in art and sales. My strengths are in communication, concept development, presentation delivery and listening. I am motivated and eager to learn.
• Advanced skills in AutoCAD, Photoshop, Revit, and Microsoft Office Software.
• Strong hand rendering, painting and quick sketching skills.
• Excel in providing individualized customer service and creating personal relationships.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Interior Design (BFA)
Design Institute of San Diego, San Diego, CA, CIDA Accredited, December 2011
• Peer nominated to give commencement speech at graduation (view at http://youtu.be/PCskdshVjSM)
• Portfolio (view at http://meganhearon.carbonmade.com/)
Bachelor of Fine arts in Studio Art (BFA)
University of Arizona, Tucson Arizona, May 2006
id studios, San Diego, CA
I assist with construction documents, fabric selections, research, specifications, board assembly and communication with manufacturer representatives.
• Assembled project boards for the SDSU Aztec Center
Pottery Barn, San Diego, CA
Design Specialist, 2010-Present
I provide scheduled and impromptu consultations, in-store and at homes, for guests needing an interior designer.
• Awarded the CTS (Catch The Spirit Award) for customer service, January 2012.
• Selected to stage a ranch house and teepees for Madeleine Pickens, wife of T. Boone Pickens, for CBS morning show.
Young + Company, Incorporated, San Diego, CA
I improved the organization of the materials library and assisted in AutoCAD and Excel when needed.
• Assisted with the completion of FF&E specification books for 2 government projects including price point comparisons.
Enterprise Rent-a-Car, San Diego, CA
Management Trainee, 2006
Assistant Manager, 2007-2008
I completed a program where I received intense training in sales, customer service and marketing. Enterprise promotes on performance and I quickly moved to the position of assistant manager where I was responsible for employee development, branch performance, and resolving customer questions and concerns.
• 5 time San Diego MVP for sales and Customer Service.
• Consistent high sales and customer service scores above corporate average.
• Volunteer for the United Services Organization, offering support for military and their families
• Student chapter of ASID
• 13 time half marathon finisher raising money for selected charities between 2009-present
Design Institute of San Diego, San Diego, Bachelors, Interior Design
University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, US, Bachelors, Fine Art