Intern Architect, Designer
RODERICK T. VARH
University of North Carolina at Charlotte – UNCC // Charlotte, NC August 2008 – May 2012
Bachelors of Arts in Architecture
Central Piedmont Community College – CPCC // Charlotte, NC August 2006 – May 2008
Associates of Science Degree
EXPERIENCE + PROFESSIONAL LEADERSHIP
Mail Post // Seattle, Washington June 2012 – August 2012
• Generated average sales of $3,500 per week and successfully increased profit by 10%.
• Developed key multitasking skills leading to an average of 20 plus printing service requests a day which includes business cards, book-binding and large format poster laminations.
• Provided graphic design service from preparing conceptual artworks to delivering the final product with quality and speed for various professional public organizations resulting in successful customer retention.
• Maintained and organized production documents for over 100 customers leading to increased efficiency in tracking customer job requests.
• Successfully executed graphic design and printing consultation for high profile clients such as The Chris Elliot Fund, Sammamish Chamber of Commerce, Surgical Principals, Bel Viso Day Spa & Laser Center, Reflections Landscaping, Washington Federal Bank and Christine Kipp Real Estate.
University of North Carolina at Charlotte // Charlotte, NC Fall 2010 – Spring 2012
Vice President/ Secretary – National Organization of Minority Architecture Students
• Researched and designed marketing promotional posters and flyers leading to 10% increase in attendance of all student events.
• Managed weekly executive board meetings on annual workshop and event planning.
• Successfully coordinated and planned colloquium’s for visiting Guest Lecturers and Professors with over 50 attendees per event.
• Organized and directed 3 architecture firm crawls for 30 students and broaden their understanding and scope on what architects and urban planning professions do.
• Developed design portfolio workshop programs for architectural students.
• Maintained consistent communications with the School of Architecture Director and Advisors.
U. S. Army // Charlotte, NC January 2004 – January 2012
Sergeant // Team Leader – Grade - E-5
SKILLS // DESIGN + REPRESENTATION
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office: Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Vectorworks, Google Sketchup Pro, Rhinoceros, Vray Rendering Software, Maxwell Rendering Software, Eco-Tect, Hand Drawing, Architectural Model Making, Furniture Designed Making, Great team player, Fluent in Hmong Language
AWARDS + RECOGNITION
• AIA Special Recognition Award - Urban Housing for Aging Competition
• Architecture project featured in the AAHSA 2011 Design for Aging Review publication
• Architecture Project featured on UNCC School of Architecture Main Website
• Afghanistan Campaign Medal *
• Army Commendation Medal ** 2 Awards
• Global War on Terrorism Medal *
• Army Good Conduct Medal *
• National Guard Defense Service Medal *
University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, NC, US, BArch, Bachelors of Arts in Architecture
AIA - New Urban Models For Aging, Honorable Mention