My name is Patty Wong and I currently work full time as Construction Administrator and Administrative Assistant at Perkins+Will. As a Construction Administrator, I track RFIs, Submittals and Sketches for several projects at Perkins+Will. Currently part of my time I assist the New York Police Academy Project team (including construction management team, consultant engineers, architects, interior designers and I focus support with three of the principals working on the project). I assisted in presentation and submission packages in the Design Phase of the project by use of AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator to finalize drawings and presentation materials. Now in the Construction Phase, my role has moved onto construction administration work.
At 3-form, I was the Showroom Manager who managed and maintained the New York Showroom. I worked with VPs and Interior Designers from headquarters in Salt Lake City to keep the showroom up to date. I also worked with architects, designers, residential users, developers and contractors on their needs. I provided them with product information and assisted in their design project. I handled showroom presentations to walk in clients and residential clients. I have completed many orders with hospitality and residential projects. I provided clients with quotes and exceptional customer service. I started my work at 3-form searching to become an architectural sales representative. My start was a great decision and it gave me experience in the architectural finish sales industry.
At SBLM Architects, I worked as a Product Librarian/Junior Architect. I managed the product/code library and met with architectural sales reps on a regular basis. I researched new products and help designers with the final finish schedule. I also did site surveys and survey existing conditions and developed construction plans. I was on the commercial interiors design team, as well as the School Construction Authority team. I have extensive experience in administrative assisting principals, project managers, architects and drafters. At SBLM, I was an Arch Drafter as well as an admin assisting team members as needed.
My resume is enclosed to give you an idea of my potential as an employee within your organization. I look forward to meeting you in an interview to discuss in more detail both my qualifications and the position. Producing quality work is very important to me and I am confident that I will be a valuable asset. Please review my enclosed resume and feel free to contact me at (917) 628-8988 with any questions. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward in hearing from you soon.
Perkins+Will, New York, Administrative Assistant
• Provide comprehensive support to 2 principals leading the $646 million New York Police Academy Project.
• Provide high-level administrative support exclusively to the New York Police Academy integrated office of 140+ staff by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
• Managed and maintained the New York Police Academy integrated project office by contact with corporate office, vendors, building management, setting up events, organizing office moves.
• Maintain 2 principal’s calendar and contacts on Microsoft Outlook–schedule meetings, conference calls, travels.
• Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
• Maintain principal’s professional membership and continuing education credits.
• Ordered supplies for the New York Police Academy Project Office and coordinated with Plan Desk Manager and Building Management for all office maintenance and cleaning.
• Prepared weekly timesheets and expense reports for Principals.
• Organizes & accurately maintain filing system of confidential information, correspondences, and meeting minutes.
• Prepared submission packages and coordinated with printers during after work hours to meet deadline goals.
• By use of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, Autodesk AutoCAD and REVIT to modify text of drawings.
• Maintained project database by setting up contacts, project information and project files on client online database.
• Track Submittals and RFI’s by use of Newforma, client online database (Prolog and Autodesk Constructware).
• Generate weekly meeting reports based on client submittal schedule.
3-Form Inc, New York, NY, US, Showroom Manager
• Ensured that showrooms operate efficiently on a day-to-day basis by being the first in contact with building management, messengers, delivery of samples or large showroom items, cleaners, and all other vendors.
• Achieved sales for the company by developing good customer relations and working to widen the client base. .
• Assisted sales team with presentation files (Power Point), quoted pricing, bid packages, and spreadsheet (Excel) and coordinated showroom events.
• Collected, counted and deposited approximately $40,000+ in cash per order at the New York Showroom
SBLM Architects, New York, Architectural Drafter/Product Librarian
• Administrative support to 2 managing principals and office manager.
• Planned and coordinated corporate luncheons with product representatives.
• Coordinated and organized meetings and conferences for the library.
• Organized, maintained and by use of Microsoft Access, created a 3000+ product and reference library.
• Organized and managed the Submittal Log on Microsoft Excel for Home Depot and Whole Foods team.
• Field work survey of existing buildings for new renovation projects (weekend hours as needed)
• Presented products and code information to project managers, architects and designers.
• Assisted and prepared drawing details, specifications and construction documents.
• By the use of AutoCAD, drafted construction drawings, survey inputs and details.
David V. Abramson & Associate, Newark, NJ, US, Administrative Assistant
• Provided executive-level administrative support to David V. Abramson and his direct reports.
• Word processed correspondences, minutes, reports, project manuals using Microsoft Word.
• Organized and maintained company contacts on Outlook.
• Product researched for architectural projects using search engines (google, arcat, 4spec, etc)
• On-site project survey for historical buildings for existing projects.