I want my work to be remembered. To place my mark in the creative world of design. We only have so much time in this life and I want to make the most out of everyday. In my work, I am very passionate about creating interior spaces that people will love while utilizing environmentally conscious and sustainable products. I think that our industry has the obligation to lower our collective impact on the environments surrounding our designs and hope to be part of that movement.
Environment Furniture, Costa Mesa, CA, US, Design Associate
• Commercial and residential design showroom specializing in environmentally sustainable furniture, lighting and accessories.
• Partner with professional and non-professional clientele to create cohesive interior and exterior spaces by assisting in space planning, fabric selection and drafting custom case good and upholstery.
• Communicate with clients from point-of-sale to scheduling delivery and installation.
• Liaison with company person ale and outside vendors to ensure the highest level of customer service for my clients.
• Regular follow-up (calls, emails, thank you cards) with clientele to develop close and personal relationships and ensure customer loyalty and retention.
• Knowledgeable of company sustainable practices, furniture production and prototypes.
Garnica Interiors, Long Beach, CA, US, Assistant Interior Design Intern
• Residential and commercial design firm offering services in interior decorating, redesign, color planning, and staging for interiors, special events and holidays.
• Responsible for organizing and maintaining office appearance, sample library, and sourcing materials for clients.
• Work closely with principal designer during client meetings and project visits, as well as, took minutes during appointments with vendor reps.
• Assist in planning and executing new office grand opening party and created the elevator interior vignette for invited guest to view during event.
Kenneth Cole Productions, Newport Beach, CA, US, Assistant Store Manager
• Hire, train and coach new sales associates to company standards.
• Merchandised sales floor to represent company visual directive to achieve company sales goals on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
• Analyze store business weekly and develop action strategies to increase productivity.
Aria Design, Laguna Beach, CA, US, Assistant Interior Designer (internship)
• High-end commercial and residential design firm specializing in spatial design.
• Collaborated with principal designer on formulating design concept on two residential projects.
• Communicate with partnering firm, Horst Architects, to prepare for client meetings and vendor presentations.
• Source lighting, fabrics, furnishings and assist in selection of window drapes and bedding materials.
• Draft spatial plan for children’s bedrooms with furniture and area rug specifications.
• Assist designer in day-of installation and managing delivery staff in placement of furniture and textiles.
Orange Coast College, Costa Mesa, CA, US, Interior Design
Certification in Interior Design:
Architectural Drafting & Design Visualization, Fundamentals in Interior Design, Interior Materials & Products, History of Architecture & Furnishings, Space Planning, Applied Color & Design Theory, Professional Selling, AutoCAD 2-D, BIM/Revit 3-D
University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA, US, Bachelors, Sociology
International Sociology, Research Methods, Political Sociology, Social Psychology, Social Problems, Organizations, Social Movements and Collective Behavior, Human Environments, Small Group Behavior, Basic Statistics and Calculus, Computer-Based Research
Minor in African-American Studies