I studied interior architecture and environmental design in Brussels, Belgium for five years. Then, I pursued a masters degree in interior architecture with a specialization in product design achieving first honors in the program.
Wanting to apply what I’ve learned, I did two internships. One at Kevin DeFreitas Architects and another for the company Ice-Watch.
Afterward, I worked at James Scott Fleming Architects as a junior architect.
For the past two years, I've been with Trace'z, a small but very dynamic architecture office. Here, I further developed my skills of co-managing projects from beginning to end. Our projects are residential, retail, medical, as well as specialties such as exhibitions and conference booths.
You may find much of my work on my website www.laurebraconnier.com
Trace'z architecture, Brussels, Belgium, Architect/ Interior Architect
Work remote from San Diego since May 2013
Coeur d'Ixelles Project:
* Conceptualized, drew plans and built 3D renders for a student residence in the center of Brussels. The challenge was to adapt each
studio or apartment with the same layout and pieces of furniture.
De Beco Project:
* Evolved construction plans based on solutions and changes made at the building site, drew detailed technical plans focusing on electricity, ventilation, and security.
* Built 3D renders of kitchens, bathrooms, and furniture for this large scale project including five apartments and a dental clinic.
Hot Box Project:
* Developed concept and layout for two clothing stores in Geneva. It included plans, 3D and research on site of antic pieces of furniture.
Paquot, Vanderaey, and Marconi Projects:
* Designed concept, drew plans, built 3D renders and monitored construction for residential projects in Belgium.
* Remodeled the lobby of the company Tenneco in Chicago.
* Oversaw from concept to 3d model and construction of exhibition booths for multinational companies Stratasys (3d printers), Marzocchi (motorcycles), and Tenneco (automotive supplier). The work needed to be quick, creative, and precise. It included concepts, construction plans, electrical plans, structural plans, 3D renders, permit, and graphic design.
James Scott Fleming Architects, San Diego, CA, US, Junior Architect
* Developed initial layout ideas for a new three-level single family house in Ocean Beach, CA
* Designed concept and drew plans for a house remodel in Santee, CA.
* Interfaced with the City of San Diego Planning Department for approvals and coastal exemptions.
Ice-Watch, Belgium, Product designer intern
* Being a product designer, responsible for converting 2D sketches to 3D models for new product lines.
* Executed from ideas through to production plans for the packaging of an upcoming brand.
* Performed competitor research and analyzed company direction in order to choose colors for the Summer 2010 line.
Kevin de Freitas Architects, San Diego, CA, US, Architect intern
* Built 3D renders and models for St. Bartholomew’s Chapel allowing the customer to better visualize the new building.
* Monitored construction and reported progress on two houses by doing site visits and contacting the builder. Potential improvements and problems were identified and resolved quickly.
Ecole supérieure des Arts Saint-Luc (ESA St Luc), Masters, INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE/PRODUCT DESIGN
ENSAV La Cambre, Bachelors, INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE/ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN
Fidias awards interior architecture, Nomination