Newton Breiter has 5 years experience in landscape architecture, planning, and urban design. He enjoys working on context driven sustainable design projects that respond to social, ecological, and economic needs. Mr. Breiter takes a systematic and creative approach to design with the goal of integrating functional needs of a site and surrounding environment in an artful manner.In his master’s research, Mr. Breiter developed design strategies to restore ecological value to culturally significant public plazas. His current coursework in commercial real estate is focused on the entire lifecycle of the development process – from real estate economics and law to developing and marketing projects grounded on dynamic financial modeling and feasibility analysis. With expertise in urban design, hydrology, and real estate development, he helps to provide design, technical guidance, and insight to project teams at all scales.
AECOM, Seattle, WA, US, Associate
- Project types ranging from large-scale land planning to sustainable site and building design;
- Land use feasibility, site analysis, market research, and massing/density calculations;
- Conceptual design, graphic presentations, sustainability strategies, site engineering, and low impact development;
- Project management, client development, and employee oversight
Site Workshop Landscape Architecture, Seattle, WA, US, Landscape Architect-In-Training
- Internship working on park, commercial, and masterplanning projects;
Cascade Design Group, Bellingham, WA, US, Landscape Architect-In-Training
- Design and installation of master site and landscape designs for residential properties;
- Construction administration and cost estimation
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, US, Professional Certificate in Commercial Real Estate
- Professional, multi-disciplinary program focused on entire lifecycle of development process, from market analysis, economics, and financing to land use, development, and construction.
University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, US, Masters, Landscape Architecture
- Accredited Master of Landscape Architecture program focused on theory, planning and analysis, and application.
- Thesis focus: Urban Design & Hydrology
Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA, US, Bachelors, Landscape Design
- Bachelor of Science program with hard science core and environmental planning emphasis;
- Minor in Geology