To Whom It May Concern:
I am writing in response to your advertisement for the interior design position, posted on Archinect. Attached is a copy of my resume. It would be a pleasure to meet with you so that I might demonstrate how my abilities fit your needs.
I'm current working at Designer At Home. DAH is an online bases interior design company. The main idea is to provide a beautiful and affordable design to everyone. Working for DAH gave me the opportunity to create unique and personal residential design presentations and floor plans that suits each client needs. Moreover, gave me extensive knowledge in AutoCAD, Space Planning, Sktechup, and others. My hard work lead me to a studio manager position in which, I'm responsible to oversee 5 designers, coordinate and design over 800 designers at home clients and 5 In house high-end projects.
Previously, I worked as an Interior design assistant for a small company in Manhattan Beach CA. Working for a small company gave me a better view of how a designer life can be (a lot work, busy, busy, busy but also fun). Often juggling between meetings, accounting, deliveries, installations and others. The key to this position was multitask and time management. I also had the opportunity to get familiar with LA design vendors. For example: PCD, Jasper, Hollywood at Home, Nate Turner and many others.
I have also worked as a junior designer at Michael Smith Inc. In which, I was able to get my feet wet and learn about fabrics, wall covering, furniture, and different vendors. It was a great opportunity to work with an amazing team over a great amount of stress, because our main project at that moment was to work with Michelle Obama at the White House in Washington DC.
I'm current attending California State University Long Beach – Major Architectural Interior Design.
What my resume does not reveal is my professional demeanor and appearance. In a business environment, these characteristics are of great importance in dealing with people. In me, you will discover a reliable, creative, responsible, and extremely hard-working person. I look forward in speaking with you soon.
Cell Phone: (310) 872-08-68
Designer At Home, Long Beach, Interior Designer - Manager
Responsible for administrative and design functions for an online bases firm that provides online interior design for various clients
• Understand client needs and design the interiors to suit their expectations
• Study the architectural plans and create floor plan and space planning
• Purchase decorative items, furniture, paint etc.
• Create presentations with floor plan, space planning and items purchased and others
Pepe Studio, Manhattan Beach, CA, US, Interior Design Assistant
Managed all customer service, and assisted with design functions
• Planed and design the interiors of the homes, commercial and offices, as per the requirements of the clients
• Coordinated with workers and subcontractors to make sure that the work is being executed as planned
• Supported the head designer in purchasing and arranging the items as per the planned ideas
• Matched the color of the bed sheets, linen, curtains, pillow covers and of the furnishing with the wall colors
• Visualized the designs and prepare 2D using CAD and other designing software
• Researched to stay up to date with the latest designing techniques and trends in home décor styling
Michael Smith inc., Santa Monica, CA, US, Libary Intern / Junior design
Internship- Librarian - Junior Design
• Demonstrated thorough knowledge of fabric samples and vendors
• Proven multitasking skills while helping designers, organizing the library, and contacting vendors
• Designed background and display of JASPER fabric photo shoot
• Designed board presentation for Michael Smith clients
California State University, Long Beach (CSULB), Long Beach, CA, US, Bachelors, Interior Design BFA
I have learn perspective, rendering, Auto CAD, Sketchup, Revit, 3D Max, Photoshop, Illustrator, Space Planing, Materials and others.
Dean List in community college and 4 years college as well., 1st Place