DIGITAL HISTORICAL ARCHITECTURE AND MATERIALS ANALYSIS PROJECT
Mughal Tombs Documentation in Agra, India, September 2011-May 2012
• Researched building history with a team of undergraduates, graduates, and professors.
• Used several methods to rigorously document deteriorating historical sites on-site.
• Created a historic structures report and display drawings of the sites, which will be used by the Archeological Survey of India and UNESCO to further protect the buildings and to educate the public.
Protecting the Historic Buildings of Montclair, Montclair, New Jersey Summer 2011
• Worked closely with both the local Historic Preservation Commission and the Planning Department.
• Photo-documented, produced drawings of, and authored Design Guidelines for a historic district.
• Wrote a grant to fund this project.
SUMMER SERVICE LEARNING PROGRAM, Chattanooga, Tennessee
Habitat for Humanity Intern, Summer 2010
• Worked full-time with all departments, including construction, family services, and donations.
• Managed up to 15 volunteers on jobsites.
• Gained practical construction experience with all phases of stud-frame home building and scheduling.
• Procured building materials from various suppliers (lumberyards, appliance and fixture sales, etc)
SIONAS ARCHITECTURE, Montclair, New Jersey
Intern, Summer 2007
• Researched site and building histories, did on-site work (measuring, sketching, photographing).
STANFORD HALL, Notre Dame, Indiana
Environmental Commissioner, 2007-2009; 2010-2011
• Increased recycling output over 200% over 1 year.
STUDENTS FOR ENVIRONMENTAL ACTION, Notre Dame, Indiana
• Organized educational events, including an academic panel on energy issues in various fields.
• Coordinated several river and neighborhood clean-ups.
GreeND, Notre Dame, Indiana
Core Leadership Committee Member, 2008-2012
• Organized a lecture by the University Architect to educate Students about LEED.
• Publicized and moderated events around University-wide Academic Forum on energy.
ENVIRONMENT NEW JERSEY, Montclair, New Jersey Canvasser, Summer 2008
• Solicited donations and signatures for a campaign in support of Global Warming legislation.
OFFICE OF HOUSING, Notre Dame, Indiana
Resident Assistant, 2011-2012
• Orchestrated section/dorm social, academic, and athletic events.
• Served as a mentor for 28 students of varying ages and courses of study.
NOTRE DAME OFFICE OF UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS, Notre Dame, Indiana
Tour Guide, 2010-2012
MEN’S RUNNING CLUB, Notre Dame, Indiana
Co-Founder and Vice President, 2010-2011
• Assisted preparation and planning for the Holy Half Marathon, a 1,200-person charity race.
TECHNICAL SKILLS: AutoCAD; fundamentals of Google Sketchup, PhotoShop, and InDesign; Microsoft Office; watercolor rendering; ink on mylar/vellum; pencil; freehand sketching and painting.
University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, BArch, School of Architecture
In addition to a Bachelor of Architecture, I also hold a Concentration in Historic Preservation.
Norman A. Crowe Award, Award
This is an award given annually to a graduating 5th-Year at Notre Dame. Named for an emeritus member of the school's faculty, it recognizes contributions to the idea of sustainability with regard to architecture and urbanism.