Creative and outgoing structural engineer with the artistic ambitions and vision of an architect. I have dreams of designing and building Custom Homes and Structures across the globe.
Professional Engineer in Florida (FL Reg#74791)
Certified General Contractor
PSI, Miami, FL, US, Project Engineer
1. Participate in the planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions for
construction materials testing projects;
2. Develop and administer project budgets and fiscal controls, contract and quality control
3. Perform cost estimating and value engineering; oversee all aspects of day-to-day
management of construction materials testing projects;
4. Monitor and coordinate work performed by field staff and construction firms; ensuring that
project operations are in compliance with design specifications and with state and federal
policies and regulations, established performance and delivery criteria, and ensuring that
client requirements are being met;
5. Research and prepare reports pertaining to operations, equipment, policies and
procedures, and/or other issues.
Crackle Graphics, Naples, FL, US, Owner / Designer
1. Successfully co-founded startup graphic design/print studio with mission to provide exceptional quality and service to industry that had had been dominated by local 'juggernauts'
2. Prepared work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials from new clients, local businesses, and public service providers.
3. Illustrated concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts, obtained approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval, and prepared final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
4. Completed projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
5. Maintained technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
Matt Thayer Custom Homes, Jacksonville Beach, FL, US, Vice President / Project Superintendent
1. Coordinate and supervise all construction activities.
2. Direct all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on
schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to
original plans and specifications.
3. Maintain construction schedule, identifies and solves problems.
4. Order materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the
5. Understand the project plans, specifications, and the needs and expectations of
6. Maintain positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers
and other employees.
7. Prepare, schedule and supervise completion of a final punch list.
8. Promote job site safety, encourage safe work practices and rectify
job site hazards immediately.
9. Ensure all company employees and contractors are adhering to the
company safety policy.
12. Maintain an organized job site, including the construction office.
Lou Pontigo and Associates, Jacksonville Beach, FL, US, Staff Engineer
1. Created and managed structural inspection division within company.
2. Scheduled and conducted over 100 rough frame and structural tie-down inspections for various custom homes.
3. Produced technical engineering reports for all inspection work.
4. Produced final sets of structural drawings for residential homes, multi-family townhomes, and commercial buildings.
5. Designed main structural support members for residential homes, multi-family townhomes, and commercial buildings.
Fleming and Associates Architectural Design, Naples, FL, US, Draftsman / Project Coordinator
1. Produce complete sets of working architectural/structural drawings for custom, single family residences.
2. Manage 4-man design team responsible for creating all design work for 75-lot custom residential home community. Average home size was 3500 square feet and valued at approx. $450,000.
3. Schedule and conducted several on-site structural and forensic inspections for existing and new residences.
4. Design main structural support members for residential homes, multi-family townhomes, and commercial buildings.
Structures Group, Tampa, FL, US, Staff Engineer / EIT
1. Schedule and conduct forensic, new construction, and threshold inspections.
2. Produce technical engineering reports for structural inspections, forensic inspections, and threshold inspections for multi-family and commercial projects.
3. Produce structural drawings using AutoCAD for residential homes, multi-family townhomes, and commercial buildings.
4. Increase efficiency of structural member design by developing several Excel spreadsheets.
5. Design main structural support members for residential homes, multi-family townhomes, and commercial buildings.
University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, US, Bachelors, Civil Engineer
Civil Engineering Discipline with emphasis on Structures. Studied 2 semesters in the architectural and art programs.