see all...Viewing 3 out of 6 projects
I recently have graduated from Hampton University where I have received my Masters degree in Architecture this pass May (2012). I currently am looking for a job position in the field of architecture and or planning.
My area of interest are mainly sustainability and LEED, Interior Architecture, Urban Design and Urban Planning. I am currently working on receiving my LEED certification and hope to one day become a licensed architect as well. I enjoy exploring new programs through rendering and model making. In my free time I enjoy sketching, water coloring and hand rendering using multimedia skills ( such as combining digital programs with prisma markers or water coloring)
Working on LEED certification (2011-2012)
PKN Hosted by Hampton Roads AIA Lecture Presenter
2nd Annual HBCU Arch Conference Lecture Presenter
Clean UP Norfolk community service AIAS (2007-2010)
RA (resident assistant) (2006-2008)
AIAS MEMBER (2006 - present)
Hampton Academic Scholarship (2006-current)
Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority, Arlington, VA, US, Airport Architect Intern
Project Management Assistant
Engineering and Design Dept. for DCA and IAD Airports in Washington DC
Project: Regan Statue, East West Baggage, DCA Hanger 11/12 Renovation and IAD Office Renovation.
• Diagrams and CAD plans for office renovations schemes
• Formulating PowerPoint presentations
• Selecting A/E firm for projects
• Checking Construction Documents for errors by A/E firms
• Participating in submittal meetings with A/E firms
City of Newport News Department of Planning, Newport News, VA, US, Intern
Design and Formatting Team
New Master plan for Jefferson Park Area in Newport News VA
Project: Grant issued project to design a new master plan booklet for the city to present to the residents and city officials for the Historical area Jefferson Park (Jefferson Ave. and 39th-44th) then to zoom into two specific blocks and redesign the blocks in more detail and set up the guidelines for the existing blocks to follow in the future.
• Format pages using InDesign
• Helped establish good design qualities to enhance neighborhood
• Researched and documented Grant information for introduction of book
Bovanti Cosmetics, Atlanta, GA, US, Architect/ Interior Architect
Designer/ Interior Designer
Project: To design the interior and exterior space of the new Bovanti store opening in Greenbrier Mall in Virginia
• Designed interior space of Bovanti Store
• Constructed AutoCad plan and section of design
• Created Sketch Up model of finished design interior and exterior shots
LBL Architects and Interiors, Marina del Rey, CA, US, Intern
Pre-Programming / Design Assistant
Project: 48hr psychiatric health clinic.
• Taking notes during meeting and constructing document summaries for clientele
• Responsible for reconstructing hand drawings into AutoCAD files
• Creating digital rendered diagrams
Hampton University, Hampton, VA, US, MArch, Architecture
Learning skill of all aspects of architecture. From history, theories, design, construction, cost, interior, urban planning, etc. This program helps not only prepare you for designing but also helps you to face the real world once you come upon graduation when working in a firm. You develop and complete a thesis which prepares you for the focus upon long projects and research in critical and extensive thinking. The requirement of studying abroad for the summer to opens one mind about international architectual and urban problems that one has to help solve through architecture as a group is an eye opener for most.