see all...Viewing 3 out of 14 projects
REGISTERED PROJECT ARCHITECT
NCARB certified, registered architect with experience in the architecture and construction industry since 1995. Pragmatic, organized, resourceful and efficient team leader, able to complete projects from Contract to Close Out by way of corporate policy and risk management. Experienced in a broad range of Occupancy Classifications and projects ranging from a $50,000 remodel to a $40 million expansion. Dedicated to developing lasting client relationships. Computer savvy and skilled in the industry standard software.
Over the course of my career, I've had many great opportunities. One of my most notable was while I was living in Las Vegas. I was responsible for the delivery of a $40 million expansion project. As the prime architect, I was able to oversee this project from Design Development through Construction Administration. I then transitioned into another role that allowed me to be responsible for QA/QC on this project while working for the general contractor. This unique blend of experiences has given me the strengths to see a project from design sketches through construction.
My goals for the future are to diversify and focus on the design and development of hospitality, resort, retail, mixed use, adaptive reuse, and multi & single family residential projects. I would also like to further develop my personal design philosophy and expand the application of Off Grid technologies. To achieve these goals I am willing to travel frequently and relocate at my expense.
∙K-12 Educational and University Facilities
∙Civic Centers, City Service Facility and Court House
∙Facility for the Mentally Handicapped
∙Client / Architect Liason
∙IBC 2012 / IRC 2012 / ADA 2010
∙Payment Application Reviews
∙Product Research and Selection
∙Staff Management & Mentoring
∙Design Team Leadership
KJL Construction, Romeo, MI, US, Designer & Superintendent
General Contractor and Stone Specialist for 25 years
Designer & Superintendent
Managed and maintained labor force & materials for designated projects. Ensured work commenced on schedule and completed on time. Coordinated crew to maximize labor effort and reduce downtime.
• Reorganized work environment to improve productivity, increased profits & production by streamlining processes, reducing waste & material spoilage.
• By maintaining supplies on demand, successfully reduced construction time by up to 15% and reduced operating costs.
• Expanded billable services to include Residential Design Development & Construction Document delivery utilizing Revit software.
McGhie's Ski Bike Board, Las Vegas, NV, US, Sales Associate
Las Vegas’ Premier Sports and Recreation Retailer of Cycling and Skiing Equipment, Top 100 Cycle Retailer in America since 2000, Top 50 Retailer for Cannondale since 2004, Top 50 Retailer for Trek.
Sales Associate and Customer Service
Assessed the limits and aspirations of enthusiasts to successfully select the best options and equipment to meet their cycling and skiing needs.
• Specialized in guiding and encouraging new and entry level cyclists and skiers.
• Communicated the technology behind cycling and skiing to enhance enjoyment and promote lasting relationships.
• Voluntarily represented the company during sponsored events outside of the retail location.
APCO Construction, North Las Vegas, NV, US, Project Engineer
General Contractor for the Las Vegas Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement, The Grand Canyon Skywalk, the Cannery Hotel & Casino and UNLV’s Mendenhall Practice Facility.
Project Engineer, Quality Assurance and Quality Control
Routinely and consistently monitor the integrity, correctness and completeness of construction in accordance with the contract documents. Identify, address and document errors and omissions. Document and archive the condition of inventory and recently delivered equipment and materials. Report on the progress in weekly subcontractor meetings.
• Through firsthand knowledge of the construction documents and specified equipment, I expediently identified the completeness and integrity of the work performed.
• Implemented prior knowledge of Primavera software to process the project through corporate policy.
• Broadened my role by assisting in additional services as needed within the corporation.
KGA Architecture, Las Vegas, NV, US, Job Captain
Award winning, Architectural Design firm since 1975, renown for such projects as The Forum Shops at Caesar’s Palace, The Palms Casino, Red Rock Casino, numerous facilities at UNLV, in addition to many local hospital and medical clinics, law enforcement facilities, parochial projects and much more. Recognized as an industry leader for their diversity and vast scope of work in the American Southwest.
Fully coordinated the Contract Documents, in conjunction with engineers and government agencies, ensuring the delivery of the Construction Drawings and the Project Manual. Participated in Bid Reviews and Construction Administration, in coordination with the client’s Construction Manager, as well as representing the client’s interests during construction site meetings.
• Took charge of a $40 million expansion project and promoted to a managerial position, including participating in weekly staff meetings, within six weeks of being hired.
• Maintained an in-house design team ranging from two to five members.
• Became the primary client contact by offering professional attention after hours and on weekends.
• Developed a lasting relationship with the client by representing the company at client sponsored events.
• Utilized years of experience to recognize deficiencies within the contract documents and instructed design team to find solutions and improve their productivity.
TMP Associates, Bloomfield Hills, MI, US, Job Captain
Award winning, Architectural Design firm specializing in K-12 educational facilities, university buildings and athletic facilities.
Transformed Design Development drawings into Bid Permit Construction Documents. Coordinated work with in-house engineers and interior designers. Prepared drawings in direct supervision of firm principal.
Lawrence Technological University, Southfield, MI, US, MArch, Architecture