see all...Viewing 3 out of 5 projects
I completed my Master’s Degree in Urban Design from Kent State University, USA and Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from University of Pune, India. Architectural experience with reputed firms in USA and India have helped me gain a strong international outlook and expertise in managing multinational projects. By pairing our extensive architectural experience with specialized knowledge I and my wife Priyanka Rathi-Kankariya started Iceboat Studio in Pune, India in the year 2016.
At Iceboat Studio we use BIM as an integral part of our design process. We utilize advanced software such as Autodesk Revit to create an intelligent 3D model right from beginning of the project. This allows clients to “walk through” the project via 3D modeling to clearly understand and visualize the design and make more informed decisions. By incorporating BIM in our work culture we are able to achieve higher efficiency, better coordinated documents and collaborative working resulting in significant time and cost savings.
I strongly feel, in today’s world of specialization, collaboration is the way forward to develop integrated and holistic design solutions. It is a great way to encourage learning and sharing of ideas. This thinking at Iceboat Studio not only helps us grow as a diverse team but also to provide added value to our clients.
Iceboat Studio, Pune, IN, Co-Founder and Principal
We are an architectural firm with international experience, specialized knowledge and progressive mindset. Being at par with latest technologies and developments in AEC industry drives our ability to deliver state of the art services to our clients. Our firm utilizes the latest building information modeling and 3D design softwares to provide clients with a more immersive way of experiencing their projects. Delivering professional service of highest standards is at the core of our practice.
KTGY Architecture + Planning, Tysons Corner, VA, US, Senior Job Captain
Worked with KTGY Group at Tysons Corner and later moved to India in 2013 to set up their first India office in Pune. Have been training people in KTGY Pune office in wood frame construction and overseeing workflow between the USA and India offices for smooth functioning. Successfully lead single family residential design team and worked closely with principals and project managers to take conceptual sketches and develop it further into complete DD and CD sets for single family houses and townhomes. Acquired in-depth knowledge in developing strip drawings, lot specific sets and single family details. Duties and responsibilities in this role included-
• Management of project resources and production to ensure production effort is on schedule and on budget, according to design specifications, with desired quality results.
• Perform progress coordination checking and verify accuracy of work for all team members.
• Review and participate in project billing.
• Contribute to budget and scheduling review meetings.
• Handle multiple projects simultaneously and maintain effective communication and quality control.
• Support the design team efforts and solutions by actively interpreting design and code, and coordinating an accurate graphical technical solution.
• Perform code analysis and building justification.
• Prepare DD drawings to define and elaborate on the design intent.
• Develop project specific details for waterproofing, roofing, exterior closures, openings, structural systems, mechanical/electrical systems, etc.
• Develop complete and accurate deliverable packages appropriate to schedule and budget.
• Review and edit specifications.
• Coordinate with client, consultants and design team.
• Educate and mentor junior staff.
Neighborhood Progress, Inc., Cleveland, OH, US, Intern Planner
• Served as a Planning Team Member for the Neighborhood Stabilization Program-Phase II Target Area Planning (NSP2-TAP).
• Worked closely with community members, stakeholders, planning and community development professionals on recovery related project.
• Interviewed stakeholders, conducted site analysis, developed design options, recommended implementation strategies and conducted community presentations.
Kankariya and Associates, Pune, IN, Architect
• Produced schematic design drawings and construction documents for residential and institutional projects.
• Coordinated with consultants and contractors during design development and construction phase.
• Developed presentation drawings and photorealistic renderings using Photoshop.
• Organised and put together presentation boards for client meetings.
Opolis Architects, Pune, IN, Intern Architect
• Developed hand drawn sketches and physical models during preliminary design phase for multifamily residential and commercial projects.
• Worked on construction details, schedules, cost estimation and bill of quantities.
• Developed 3D models using SketchUp and rendered views in Photoshop.
• Worked on millwork drawings and interior details for a commercial interior project.
Kent State University, Kent, OH, US, MArch, Urban Design
University of Pune, Pune, IN, BArch, Architecture