As a recent graduate from the Florence Institute of Design International, I am looking for a position as a junior designer at an Interior Design Firm. I have specialized education in interior architecture and design with a Masters degree from FIDI and a Bachelors degree from the University of California at Davis. I truly enjoy collaborating with coworkers and clients in order to achieve the most effective and appealing design solution. My education and personality combined with my significant experience in the work place makes me a prime candidate for a job opening.
My early education was geared towards being an interior architect and included courses focused on the design of residential, commercial, and office spaces, through the use of hand drafting and perspective, with specialized training and use of VectorWorks. The courses during my later education in Florence placed heavy emphasis on the development of us as designers through the use of AutoCAD and 3D Studio Max. Projects were focused on the renovation and reinvention of existing sites around Italy such as making Palazzo Rucellai an exhibition space, turning Palazzo Strozzi into Florentine hotel, and creating a stall space for an Italian design company at the Salone di Mobile in Milan. Each design was presented to the client making this learning experience more work place oriented.
My work experience began as an assistant to the sales representative at Edelman Leather during which I was able to network with major design firms such as Herman Miller, Pivot, and Pollack. Next, I began specializing in sustainable design with an internship at Green Sacramento where I learned about sustainable products and issues designers had to account for when installing these products. Finally as an intern at Casa Verde Designs, I furthered my product knowledge and design abilities during hands on projects. Using hand drafting and AutoCAD, I helped solve design and architectural dilemmas, and visited work sites with the designer in order to better experience working in this field.
With my combination of excellent education, bright personality, and experience in the work place, I am a prime candidate for a junior designer at any firm.
CASA VERDE DESIGNS, Davis, CA, US, Intern to Interior Designer
• Expanded knowledge of sustainable flooring, tiles, countertop materials, paints, and furnishings
• Helped with the installation process of sustainable materials in residences around Davis
• Aided customers with product and installation information as well as design advice
• Consulted with clients on-site in the solving of design dillemas
Green Sacramento, Sacramento, CA, US, Intern to Interior Designer and Showroom Manager
• Assisted designer with decisions about the design of residential and commercial spaces
• Drew up estimates of product cost and installation for a number of residential projects
• Helped answer clients’ questions on sustainable products and green design
• Put together a sustainable product guide to be placed in Sacramento City Hall
Edelman Leather, San Francisco, CA, US, Assistant to Sales Representative
• Assisted with over 40 successful product sales over a period of 4 months
• Accompanied sales representative to major firms including Pivot, Herman Miller, Pollack Fabrics, and IA, aiding in presentations
• Individually managed showroom in San Francsico
Florence Institute of Design International, Florence, Italy, Masters, Interior Design
University of California, Davis, Davis, CA, US, Bachelors, Interior Architecture