Roger holds a Bachelor of Art History from University of California Santa Barbara and a Master of Architecture from the Southern California Institute of Architecture. He can be found living, working, and riding his bike in Brooklyn, New York.
Reiser + Umemoto, New York, NY, US, Architectural Assistant
• Provided support for the Adidas World of Sports Stage V competition. Design proposal for an office complex in Herzogenaurch, Germany. Under guidance from the principals, I was responsible for program analysis, floor plan organization, and 3d model updates
• Assisted with a design competition for the Sammlungszentrum Affoltern am Albis, an expansion to the
collection center for the Swiss National Museum. I contributed towards presentation layouts, floorplans
and diagrammatic analysis.
Michael Maltzan Architecture, Los Angeles, CA, US, Architectural Assistant- model maker
• Assisted with schematic design phase for the museum expansion for the Winnipeg Art Gallery in ManitobaProvince, Canada. My responsibilities for this project included careful translations of schematic designs into physical models, updating 3d models, setting up lasercut fabrication files, and post- production photo documentation.
• Provided support during schematic design phase for the 6th Street Viaduct replacement in downtown Los Angeles, California. Our team developed a working model of a typical bridge span, as well as iterative study models of structural components for engineering consultations.
SCI-Arc Urban Systems Undergraduate Seminar, Los Angeles, CA, US, Teaching Assitant
• Responsible for course attendance and grading procedures. Provided student support during class sessions; managed general class correspondence.
Zellnerplus Architecture, Los Angeles, CA, US, Architectural Internship
• Contributed to schematic design phase for a single-family residential project in Los Angeles, CA. Developed architectural presentations for client consultations.
• Collaborated on design a competition for Thinkspace 2012.
SCI-Arc- Making + Meaning Program, Los Angeles, CA, US, Teaching Assistant
• Assisted faculty with course organization and logistics.
• Helped coordinate student field trips.
Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc), Los Angeles, CA, US, MArch, Master of Architecture 1
University of California, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA, US, BArch, Art History