see all...Viewing 3 out of 11 projects
I believe myself to be an excellent allrounder with a Bachelor's degree in Architecture and a Master's degree in Urban Planning. Currently I work as a landscape designer at the internationally acclaimed office Enea.
During my time working at Herzog & de Meuron Architects as an architectural intern, I have learned a great deal and achieved a number of goals. One of my highes achievements was producing publication documents of the famous Bird's Nest Olympic stadium in Bejing for a Swiss architectural magazine (Hochparterre). This led me to getting in to the Urban Planning Master's program at City College New York as one of 10 accepted students from all over the world. I accomplished my degree with a GPA of 3.89.
In my recent capacity as an urban planner for New York City Department of Transportation under the former commissioner Janette Sadik-Khan, I was able to significantly expand my skill-set. My responsibilities for pedestrian and bike projects caused me to develop my ability to combine urban design with architecture. After that great experience I returned to Switzerland and started to work at Enea where I could expand my skill set and learn more about plants and green design.
My attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills allowed me to perform all the tasks on various professional as well as school projects accurately, punctually and at the highest possible standard. I have worked as part of a team and independently and have thrived in both aspects due to my exceptional work ethic. My technical skills, as well as a positive attitude allowed me to be an effective communicator to all clients big and small.
Speaking five different languages (Bosnian, German, English, French and Italian) I think I also can contribute a lot to success of your firm with international clients and contacts.
Enea Garden Design, Rapperswil, CH, Landscape designer and assistant to the planning department
- Project Management and design from first sketch to construction documents
- Client matters
- Organization of Meetings, travels and workshops
- Offers and Fees
- Sketches and Portfolios for future projects
- Competition documents and brochures, working on competitions
New York City Department of Transportation, New York, Project Manager for Capital Projects
Project lead for pedestrian wayfinding (Walk NYC) on many city capital projects like Times Square Plaza, Myrtle Avenue Plaza, Astor Cooper, Astor Place, Grand Concourse and others...
- field work
- strategic planning
- construction drawings
- walk-throughs with communities, BID's and representatiives
NYC Department of Transportation, New York, NY, US, Urban Planning Intern
- Achievement: organization of the NYC DOT "Interactive Design Workshop" for the 2012 NACTO (National Association of City Transportation Officials)
- Madison Square Park Capital Project
- Brownsville Brooklyn master plan
- Greenpoint Avenue Queens
- Part of the PPG (Pedestrian project Group)
- Improving safety and transforming unused areas to pedestrian plazas around Madison Square Park
- Converting troubled traffic intersections into convenient car, bike and pedestrian areas
Terreform ONE, New York, NY, US, Freelancer Urban Planner/ Researcher
Working on a very interesting food research project for New York. We are trying to find out if NYC would be able to produce it's own food and cover it's energy, water and waste uses. My 1st semester Master's degree project "The green grid" will be published in this book coming out next year.
Herzog & De Meuron, Basel, CH, Internship
I worked one year in the main office of HdM in Basel on following projects:
- Restauration of Prada Aoyama Tokyo model
- Basel city stadium (Switzerland)
- Ammersee (Germany) one family house and art atelier
- Südpark multi family housing Basel (Switzerland)
- Allianz Arena Munich (Germany)
City College of New York (CCNY), New York, NY, US, MArch, Urban Design
After finishing my BARCH in Switzerland I decided that I wanted to go the way of urban design and city planning to be able to combine those two. I was accepted at the Bernard and Anne Spitzer School of Architecture at City College New York and graduated in june 2012.
ZHAW, Winterthur Zürich, BArch, Architecture
From 2008 to 2011 I was enrolled in a Bachelor's of Architecture program at the Zurich School of Applied Sciences which I accomplished in July 2011 with a major in Architectural Design.
Swiss Federal Insitute of Technology, Zürich, CH, Archiecture
I did my Associates Degree in classic architecture at ETH Zurich in Switzerland where I was given the first insight into classic architecture, design and construction.