Architect | Designer
A licensed Architect with experience at prestigious firms including Gehry Partners and Coop Himmelblau, with published articles and award recipient designs. Capable in all phases of project delivery: strong presentation and design skills, experienced in design development & construction documentation as well as construction administration. Highly motivational leader and enthusiastic attitude towards the work with strong decision making skills. Experience with interior and small scale projects as well as cultural and commercial large scale projects. Collaboratively managing teams, staff and stakeholders through the scope of the project from inception to completion. Architectural strengths include advanced facade and curtain wall design, construction technology, excellent computer design skills, deep knowledge of green building technologies, design innovation, modern architecture and project/client management.
I have hand-on experience in every aspect of building design and managing teams. During my more than fifteen years of practice I gained in depth experience with design presentation and representation, organization and assembling drawing sets in all phases, consultant coordination, technical detailing, material research, code analysis and construction administration.
While my design experience encompasses many project types, including cultural and commercial, my specialty is in façade, curtain wall and roof systems designs and construction. I designed the curtain wall of the Beekman Tower in New York City for Frank Gehry and oversaw the facade team to ensure design integrity.
I have lead teams in several high-profile projects at national and international firms, including Gehry Partners and Coop Himmelblau. Most recently designing of the facade of the Larchmont Medical Center with the parametric software Grasshopper/Rhino excited me professionally as well as my consultant work for the Mini Opera in Munich. Taking charge of the organization of my own and others work flow with periodic interaction with Associate/s or Associate Partner/s is a “natural” for me. I am adept at planning, scheduling, organizing, and executing distinct portions of larger projects; or entire portion of smaller projects. Large-scale, highly complex designs are the building types I am most familiar with and I do thrive on the challenges they present.
I have an advanced level of expertise in several software 2D and 3D Modeling programs, including ACAD, Rhino, Illustrator, Photoshop, Mircosoft Office Suite and more recently, Grasshopper and Paracloud. I have a Master of Architecture from the University of Applied Arts, Studio Wolf Prix, Architecture Institute, Vienna, Austria. I am fluent in English, though German is my first language. I am able to relocate and travel, and my work Visa for the US is current.
XP& Architecture, San Francisco, CA, US, Design Principle
Advanced 3D Modeling in Digital Project and Rhino. Facade design with Grasshopper and other parametric software for several clients.
Zero Net Energy Urban Panning Emeryville, California (Assembly Design)
• Designed the façade with parametric software Grasshopper/Rhino
Larchmond Lotus, Los Angeles California.
• A 15,000 sq. f. sensor driven Shading System for the Larchmont Medical Center
Coop Himmelb(l)au, Los Angeles, CA, US, Designer, Architectural Professional
Pavilion 21, Mini Opera Space, Munich
• Construction Architect, worked with the General Contractor Frener & Reifer Metallbau GmbH Augsburg, Germany, to transform the innovative design to a build environment.
• Provided expertise in advanced 3D computer software on construction documentation, coordinated with the contractor to help facilitate construction.
Gehry Partners, LLP, Los Angeles, CA, US, Associate
Significant Projects include: Beekman Tower, 74-Story Mixed-Use High Rise in Manhattan, New York; 10-Story Office Building, New York; and Winnick Institute, Jerusalem, Israel.
Beekman Tower, NYC
• Created the design of curtain wall and floor plan layout of 74-story Beekman apartment tower in New York, after 100 such proposals were rejected. Despite exacting design demands, limited budget and construction constrains, successfully managed the process and a staff of 5, completing the project and beating the expectations of the client.
Museum of Tolerance, Jerusalem
• Designed 4 large glass roof structures for the Museum of Tolerance in Jerusalem to comply with regulations of the European structural engineers, and met the design approval of Frank Gehry. Used advanced technology to work out the system with engineers in detail and supervised the design. Personally recognized by Frank Gehry for contribution to the project’s success.
10-Story Office Building, New York
• Managed and organized the curtain wall design and team in concert with the contractors completing construction documents for a 158,540 sq. f. office building in NY. Solved complex geometry of curtain wall with 3D computer model and 2D detail drawings. Coordinated consultants: mechanical, structural, electrical and plumbing engineers.
NBBJ, Los Angeles, CA, US, Designer
CAD Management, construction drawings, coordinating consultants, 3D computer modeling, and representation drawings.
Eagles Stadium, Philadelphia - Design of roof structure and plan layout.
Staples Center, Los Angeles
Bengals Stadium, Cincinnati
University Of Applied Arts, Vienna , MArch, Architecture