I was taught early in life… Whatever you do, do it well and to the best of your ability. After graduating from high school, I joined the United States Navy and served honorably for 8 years during the Persian Gulf War conflict. Since then I have invested over 16 years in architecture and have held many positions. Those positions include architectural designer and drafter, structural drafter, job captain, junior project manager, and CAD manager. I was even a mechanical drafter early on, in my career.
In those 16 years, I have worked on and been involved in almost every type of commercial project, with even some residential thrown in the mix. I posses professional experience in many different projects
categories such as retail, restaurant, hospitality and hotel, corporate offices, financial institutions, sport and fitness, multi-family residential, industrial warehouse, wireless telecommunications, and even mass transit systems. I have been fortunate and blessed to meet some great people along the way and also be mentored by a few. Now that I have been on the right side of the fence, it’s time to jump to the left side and enter construction management while still maintaining a balance on the architectural design side. You know, kick some dirt around.
Architecture and construction are two fields that are very dependant of each other and show some similarities. But we have to remember, they are different, too. I really feel that my practical real life experience in architecture and design will help me dramatically in the construction management arena. To wrap this up, I challenge and expect of myself, yet again, to do construction management, do it well, and to the best of my ability.
So, let’s break ground!
Sac Wireless, Carlsbad, CA, US, CAd Designer
- Draft site plans, elevations, and details of antenna, tower, and ground equipment configurations
for various large scale telecommunication companies.
- Follow scope of work and design criteria per various telecommunication companies.
- Expedite site walks to gather useful sketches, notes, and photos.
- Maintain architectural and engineering good practices in accordance with standards.
Ashford University, San Diego, CA, US, Military Admission Counsler
- Council military affiliated counterparts into taking the next step in higher education.
- Advice military affiliates on their educational benefits and options to pay for college.
- Enroll and military affiliated retain students the whole step of the way.
Empire Design Group, Murrieta, CA, US, Project Manager
- Managed and coordinated design on interior retrofits, refueling canopy expansions, and ground up
drive thru carwash facilities with client and consultants alike.
- Provided architectural job captain and drafting services as a independent contractor for a
for many retail brand c-stores in the petroleum industry.
Cl Design/ Drafting Consulting, Murrieta, CA, US, Project Manager/ Architectural CAD Drafter
- Independent consultant to various commercial architectural design firms.
- Specialize in design of refueling stations, retail, and residential landscape and hardscape.
Axis 3 Architecture, Temecula, CA, US, Project Manger/ CAD Manager
- Expedited in the design of office, retail, and storage facility.
- Monitored scope of work and design criteria.
- Maintained budget, manpower, and hours on various.
- Followed agency design criteria and current building codes.
Jg Architects, Irvine, CA, US, Job Captain
- Exceptional in the design of condo and townhome units.
- Recorded man hours of time spent as assigned.
Genlser, Newport Beach, CA, US, Job Captain
- Exclusive in the design of offices, banking, and mass transit airport security.
- Kept within the scope of work and on budget.
Nuttall Uchiziono and Associates, Costa Mesa, CA, US, Senior Architectural Drafter/Designer
- Unique in the design of high end restaurant chain.
- Developed a computer aided drafting manual, template system, and expanded the details library.
Steven Langford Architects, Irvine, CA, US, Senior Architectural Drafter/ Designer
- Exceptional in the design of various high end restaurant and tenant improvement.
- Worked directly with Project Managers as assigned.
Speciality Restaurants, Inc., Anaheim Hills, CA, US, Job Captain/ CAD Manager
- Specialized in the design of restaurant remodel.
- Surveyed man hours of various drafters as assigned.
Casco Corp Architects and Engineers, Costa Mesa, CA, US, Senior Architectural Drafter/ Designer
- Distinctive in the design of retail, hotel, and tenant improvement.
- Adhered to Agency design criteria and current building codes.
United States Navy, San Diego, CA, US, Sonar Technician (Surface Warefare)
- Operated, troubleshot, repaired and preformed maintenance on shipboard sonar systems.
- Monitored oceanographic and underwater antisubmarine warfare weapons control systems.
- Analyst of GRAMS to distinguish between enemy underwater submarines and marine life.
- First responder as a shipboard damage control and firefighter response team member.
- Task member of shipboard small arms weaponry for security rover patrol.
- Held an active security secret clearance for 10 Years.
Shimaji and Lascola Structural Engineers, Lake Forest, CA, US, Structural Drafter
- Exceptional in the design of industrial, retail, and office.
- Took design direction directly from Structural Engineers as assigned.
J-Technologies, Tustin, CA, US, Mechanical Drafter
- Drafted mechanical designs of space tolerance connectors for military applications on aircraft.
- Maintained mechanical drafting principles in accordance with ANSI standards.
ITT Technical Institute, Carmel, IN, US, Bachelors, Construction Management
ITT Technical Institute, Anaheim, CA, US, Design and CAD Drafting Technology
Associates of Applied Science Degree
Louisiana Tech University, Lafayette, LA, US, Design and Drafting
New Iberia Senior High, New Iberia, LA, US, High School, Diploma