Ankit Darda is a strategic architectural designer focusing on cross-disciplinary collaboration between architecture and design. Ankit holds a Professional Master's degree in Architecture from Savannah College of Art and Design in Savannah, Georgia. He is recipient of Re-Thinking Future Sustainability Award 2014 and Young Designer of the Year 2014 by IA&B Forum.
Being born and raised in a diverse, multi-cultural environment in India, Ankit's work has also evolved around the contemporary cultural juxtaposition within architecture and design. Ankit believes in cross-disciplinary design dialogues and nature as a source of inspiration for holistic, ecological sustainability. Ankit became a licensed architect in India and has three years of diverse work-experience across India and United States. Now, he is actively working towards getting his architectural licensure in the United States.
When he isn’t working on his latest piece of prose/work, Ankit enjoys cooking gourmet Indian food and gardening. He also relishes re-organizing the pixels for web-design and participating in design oriented competitions. Ankit loves to hear different design views and can be contacted at email@example.com.
Southern Pine Company of Georgia, Savannah, Design Manager
• Responsible for design evolution and implementation using reclaimed shipping containers & wood
• Oversee project development, on-site execution and consultation with clients, construction agencies, & in-house manufacturing unit
Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, GA, US, Graduate Mentor
• Peer tutoring for Undergraduate and Graduate students
Leo pereira architect, Ahmedabad, IN, Architect
• Responsible for four residential projects, two urban planning and one interior project
• Oversaw project development, on-site execution and consultation with construction agencies
Morphallaxis, Ahmedabad, IN, Architect
• Responsible for two commercial, one multi-family and one interior project
• Assisted with Concept development, Construction drawings and facade evaluation for High-end Commercial plaza and several smaller projects
Western Railways, Vadodara, IN, Project Architect
• Responsible for project concept development and implementation, collaboration with client and agencies as well as on-site execution
• Prepared Master-plan, proposals, construction drawings, and contract documents
saa synergies, Vadodara, IN, Intern architect
• Responsible for conceptual 3d modeling of landscape projects, landscape drawings and finishes selection
• Designed and managed the firm’s web site, prepared presentations
Sanjay Puri Architects, Mumbai, IN, Intern architect
• Responsible for one high-rise residential tower, two high-end residences and one master-planning project
• Oversaw conceptual development, created 2d-3d presentation boards and construction drawings for the several projects and competitions.
Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, GA, US, MArch, architecture
• GPA 3.94/4.0
Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, IN, BArch, architecture
• GPA 3.45/4.0
Leading architecture magazine Indian architects and builder hosted young designer of the year 2014 competition with different categories for built projects from last three years to showcase the talent from young architects.
Third Place under Urban Design Built Category.
First Award: Balmori Associate NYC and Second Award: AB Design Studio Inc. California