Throughout my study of architecture I have been taught that designing buildings should serve both to fulfill a function and transmit emotion. To that end I have striven to incorporate my engineering background into my work to maximize the synergies that exist between sophisticated design and functionality. In that vein, here at the IIT I have made a distinct effort to infuse integrated sustainable design into all of my work. I invite to take a look at my latest projects of a sustainable skyscraper and the “Energy efficient buildings” Masters class in my online portfolio at http://cargocollective.com/nachosuque.
I have already had the opportunity to intern at BCStudio, a small architecture firm in Barcelona. There I got experience in applied architectural design and was responsible for various operational tasks within the studio. To complement this, during my architecture studies I was a full employee at BOMA, the most important structural engineering firm in Spain. Our task was to consult for architects on the technical side of building particularly difficult structures. I was an active team member, and worked on some of the most outstanding projects in Barcelona that were designed by highly recognized architects.
BOMA, Barcelona, ES, Structural engineer
Structure calculus, forces diagrams analysis, foundations and steel reinforcement distribution.
- Drawing metal structure details, connection between columns and beams, metal trusses and
facade elevations for the” Media-Tic” building in Barcelona by the architect Enric Ruiz Geli.
- Drawing facade elevations, structural floor plans, and metal structure details of the columns for
the mall “Las Arenas” in Barcelona by the Architect Richard Rogers.
- Interpretation of architectural plans into structural plans for the “Spiraling Tower” in Barcelona
by Zaha Hadid Architects.
BC Studio, Barcelona, ES, Architecture Intern
- Experience in CAD drawings, scale model construction, 3D modeling and renderings.
- Assisted in residential projects including the Residence of Prince Sultan Bin Fahad in Jeddha,
Saudi Arabia and the Economou House in Skiathos, Greece.
Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT), Chicago, IL, US, BArch, Architecture
- GPA: 3.5/4 and made the Dean’s List.
- Werner Sobek’s Studio in "Triple-Zero Energy” High-Rise Buildings.
- “Energy Efficient Buildings” Masters class working with Energy Simulation Software.
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), Barcelona, ES, BArch, Mechanical engineering