To whom it may concern:
I am an experienced designer with an MArch degree and 8+ years practicum, during which time I have worked on commercial office structures, medical facilities, non-profit organization facility expansions, and high-end residential projects. I would like to participate in the design and construction of medium sized projects both commercial and residential where the design boundaries are continually being pushed to new levels of innovation with respect to environment and economy.
I am dedicated to an integrative design approach, creative use of industrial and natural materials and innovative technologies to achieve the most attractive and environmentally sustainable projects, and above all, to serve the client’s needs.
Thank you for taking the time to review my resume, and I look forward to the opportunity of meeting in person to discuss your interests, & how I can contribute to your firm’s continued success.
John P. Zeichner
HOK, Los Angeles, CA , Senior Design Professional, LEED GA
• Chevron Energy Center Expansion Project: Bakersfield, CA. 300,000 sqft new
office building. Draftsman, Revit Modeling and Detailing (SD, DD)
• Kaiser Permanente T0169 Inland Empire Satellite Regional Reference
Laboratory: 112,000 sqft Chino Hills, CA. Draftsman, Revit Modeler. (CD,
• Ventura County Medical Center Hospital Replacement Wing: Ventura, CA.
(OSHPD Review, Construction Management)
• Biological Resource Center-Edwards Life Sciences: Irvine CA. 27,620 sqft
• APCH Annex: South Central/Los Angeles, CA. Job Captain/Project Manager,
Client Liaison, Code analysis. 10000 sqft remodel for theater and classrooms (SD,
DD, CD, Construction Management)
Carson Architects, Los Angeles CA, Designer
Carson Architects: Venice CA. 90291.
Design/drafting consultant, code review, records analysis, construction documentation, budget creation, permitting, project management, collaboration with CRA and District Council for A Place Called Home Non-Profit social services agency.
Scope of Work:
• Membership Services structure: Designed addition, ADA improvements to
existing 10,000 sqft structure, parking, lot tie resolution, and permitting.
• Central & 29th CRA Façade & Public Sidewalk Redesign: Designed
greenscreen facade, signage & paint scheme, Graphic panel system,
concrete removal & replacement, tree removal and replacement, wall vines,
exterior lighting, irrigation, revocable permits, construction management.
• Operation Shade: Designed 4000 sqft sail structure over playfield, permitting,
• Operation Daylight: Designed layout of 50 skylights and solar tubes to be
installed on existing 10,000
sqft structure, Title 24 analysis, structural analysis, electrical and hvac integration.
• Charter School Expansion feasibility study: Long term strategic planning and
graphic presentation for conversion of 17 downtown lots into 25,000 sqft charter
The Model Shop, Redondo Beach, CA, US, CAD design technician and lazer operator.
• Frank Gehry – University of Technology, Sydney.
• Langdon Wilson – Kuwait Medical Village Facilities. (Jara, Hawali, & Fintas sites)
Zeichner Design/Build, Drafting and Permitting Services, Performed design/build, GC and permitting services for numerous clients on east and west coast, Designer, project manager, permit expediter.
Zeichner Design/Build, Drafting and Permitting Services: Performed design/build, general contracting and permitting services for numerous clients on east and west coast.
• Ransdell – Augusztiny Residence: Los Angeles, CA. renovation and addition
• Seide Residence: Los Angeles, CA. live/work studio conversion
• Habitat for Humanity: Los Angeles, CA.
o Norwalk Rehabilitation affordable housing program (CD)
o Burbank 12 unit multi-family (CD)
o Long Beach 6 unit multi-family (CD)
o Palms 3 unit multi-family (CD)
• Smith House: Northfield, VT. 3000 sqft private residence
• Cleary Residence: Northfield, VT. 2500 sqft private residence
• Abramson Residence: Harmony, ME. 2500 sqft private residence
• Connell Residence: Waitsfield, VT. 4500 sqft Estate; Drafting Consultant for
Freeman French Freeman, Inc., Burlington VT., Intern Architect.
• Spruce Peak at Stowe Mountain Ski Resort: Stowe VT. draftsman (DD, CD)
• Proctor Hall renovation at Middlebury College: (Existing conditions, DD, CD)
• Water Tower Hill Office High rises: Cholchester, VT. (BOMA analysis package.)
• UVM University Heights Housing project: Burlington VT. (Construction Admin.)
• Dartmouth College Field House Facility: Hanover NH. (SD, DD)
• Battery St. Hilton conversion: Burlington VT. (Existing conditions documentation)
• Ohavy Zedik Synagogue renovation: Burlington VT.(existing conditions analysis)
MorrisSwitzer~Environments for Health, Williston VT., Summer Intern
• Schneider Children’s Hospital: Long Island, NY. (CD) Draftsman.
Norwich University, Northfield VT., MArch, Architecture
Norwich University, Northfield VT., BArch, Bachelors of Science in Architectural Studies
Portfolio Excellence Award: Spring semester, 2nd Place
Norwich University Varsity Cross Country Team: Rated #1 runner., Honorable Mention
Best of semester show: Isle of Sholes lighthouse project., Nomination
National Alliance for Excellence Award finalist, Nomination
Alfred T. Granger Student Art Fund Award for portfolio of excellence, Scholarship