My range of experience has come from working for a small residential and commercial architecture firm in the south loop of Chicago for the better part of six years, as well as two high-end residential firms in Atlanta for the past five years, where I absorbed a classical background. I am currently consulting with a firm specializing in hospitality work. Having seen the quality of the work that your office has produced, I would look forward to furthering my career and education as an architect in such an environment.
Much of my work thus far has included, but has not limited itself to, the surveying and as-built and design studies of project sites; zoning and building code research and assessments; correspondence with city building departments; client, contractor, and vendor relations; design-work and detail on several commercial, civil, and high-end residential constructions; the production of construction documentation and marketing materials; and all other tasks associated with project management, client management, and construction administration. I also have experience in religious and educational architecture working on two churches and a school during my time in Chicago. I am extremely proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Microstation, and MS Office, and have held computer technical support duties in two past offices. I have also completed courses with Porter Novelli’s Career 2.0 program in marketing and public relations.
As my ultimate goal is to become a licensed, competent architect, the education I have attained in the profession thus far is one I hope to build on with each new opportunity and I will soon be commencing with my architectural licensing exams, as well as LEED registration. I am a hard-working and dedicated individual motivated by the new experiences and rewards that may be achieved each day in the professional environment. I pledge to bring a fresh perspective, a selfless determination, organization, and a quality product to your work staff.
Richard Rauh & Associates, Atlanta, GA, US, Project Architect
* Design, detail, and project management consulting in hospitality and a high-end residential project in Milledgeville, GA.
M Design, Atlanta, GA, US, Art Installer
* Selection, design, arrangement, and installation of art pieces for a diverse range of residential, commercial, and corporate clientele throughout the Atlanta, GA area.
Norman Davenport Askins PC Architect, Atlanta, GA, US, Project Architect
* Design, detail, marketing, and project and client management of (4) high-end classical home renovation projects in Buckhead and Brookhaven districts of Atlanta, GA.
Peter Block & Associates, Atlanta, GA, US, Project Architect
* Design, detail, marketing, and project and client management of Place des Vosges-inspired 17 unit townhome construction project (Atlanta, GA) + $10 million custom build-out of Unit 6, as well as several high-end homes in Watersound, Watercolor, and Alys Beach, FL.
* Travel to Paris for Unit 6 project coordination with J. Feau & Cie (boiseries)
William Murphy Architect, Ltd., Chicago, IL, US, Junior Architect/Project Architect
* Assisted in the design, detailing and project and client management of several north Chicago home additions and historic preservations/re-models, as well as two churches in nearby Naperville and Woodridge.
* Instrumental in production and coordination of construction documents.
* Performed field surveys and produced as-built drawings for prospective projects.
* Organized customized set of AutoCAD office standards and drawing library.
* Responsible for zoning and building code research.
* Participated in client and contractor meetings.
* Compiled project data and prepared presentation drawings/models for client review.
* Assisted in materials and product research and facilitated their use with projects.
The Architect's Partnership, Chicago, IL, US, Junior Architect
* Contracted to Jones, Lang, & LaSalle Corporate Real Estate to work on updating BOMA rent lines, furniture plans, architecture and CAD standards of all First Chicago (Bank One) property in MI, IN, and the Chicago loop.
Miami University, Oxford, OH, US, BArch, Architecture