see all...Viewing 3 out of 4 projects
I have been in professional architecture practice since 1998. My work has covered a diverse range of project types including new commercial and institutional construction. I have been fortunate enough to participate on projects both within the private and public sector in the US and abroad. I have enjoyed these collaborations and I look forward to continuing in this professional trajectory.
My design and technical capabilities are very good. I can manage teams efficiently, and I am an able designer and detailer. I enjoy challenging projects on fast track schedules. I am familiar with many office standards and procedures. My interests are in large scale interventions including institutional and public buildings, high rise office developments and corporate workplace.
I have honed management skills through all phases of design and contract documents. I often execute and manage CAD set-up’s, team assignments, and technical coordination with consultants. My work reflects a variety of design influences often employing novel programming and architectural detail solutions.
I have a history of working for large architecture firms and thrive in team environments. I am an effective writer and I am able with multiple software platforms for effective presentations. I am fluent in English and Spanish.
S2 Architectura, Guadalajara / New York, Project Architect
In my capacity I was responsible for all in-house project development and administration. I coordinate all technical and contract documents for both private and public sector work. I manage, organize, and staff the teams working on projects. Project managers report to me on daily activities and I set the agenda in consultation with other stakeholders for client interface, presentations, and contract negotiations. Because of my experience with organizing large complex infrastructure projects, I also serve as a consultant to other firms on projects requiring sophisticated file management and CAD organization matrix. I create systems to cross reference information and speed up production capabilities with limited staffing or resources, as well as carry out project management tasks. In our office we carry out a range of projects in many scales, yet our most significant work is for the public sector and public institutions, and large private or public housing development projects.
HOK, New York City, USA, Project Manager / Consultant
Hellmuth Obata and Kassabaum – HOK
Location: New York City, USA
Role: Project Manager / Consultant
Type: Architecture, Consulting, and Planning Firm
I was primarily a consultant asked to review and supervise ongoing project management
tasks for the construction of St. George Terminal on Staten Island
• Project managed and executed contract proposals.
• Oversaw submissions of CD’s for continuing additional services work.
• Worked directly with NVC EDC for retail fit-out and MTA bus terminal project.
• Attended weekly coordination meetings with MEP, Structural, and Mechanical Consultants as
well as with NYC Economic Development Corp managers.
• Wrote proposals for add services and continuing work on passenger waiting hall.
Coop Himmelb(l)au, Vienna, Austria/Mexico, Special Projects Manager
Coop Himmelb(l)au GmbH
Location: Vienna, Austria
Role: Special Projects Manager
Type: Architecture and Planning Firm
I was a special projects manager, relocated from Vienna to Guadalajara to oversee the
transition of design development to contract phase of a 100,000 sq meter commercial
complex. I oversaw all production and coordinated with all specialist during the transition.
• Worked on large retail-commercial complex in Guadalajara as project manager
• Development all DD and CD sets and quality control standards for submission
• Headed communication and interface with local specialist and client representatives
• Developed production program and supervised - managed in house architects.
• Headed presentations and reviews with / to associate partner.
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM), New York City, Architect
Skidmore Owings and Merrill – New York
Location: New York City
Type: Architecture and Planning Firm
Worked as an intermediate architect in the development of DD and CD documentation for 2 major
airports, both airside and landside teams, as well as retail fit-out areas. Developed my skills for team and CAD management.
• Worked on airport projects, among them: JFK Terminal 4 in New York and Continental
Airlines Terminal 3 at Newark Liberty Airport in New Jersey.
• Development and of design of project matrix and file management structure
• Collaborate with project management for different teams working on distinct areas of the
airport (ie. concourse, shopping areas, arrivals, departures, landside operations and
• Evolved my interest in large scale, urban infrastructure projects. I worked closely with project
Managers and Architects to coordinate the flow of data and organize information among
teams and consultants with Port Authority of NY & NJ.
• Tasked with design development and CD production.
Pratt Institute, New York, NY, US, BArch, Architecture
B Arch Degree