I have been in professional architecture practice since 1998. My work has covered a diverse range of project types including new commercial and institutional construction. I have been fortunate enough to participate on projects both within the private and public sector in the US and abroad. I have enjoyed these collaborations and I look forward to continuing in this professional trajectory.
My design and technical capabilities are very good. I can manage teams efficiently, and I am an able designer and detailer. I enjoy challenging projects on fast track schedules. I am familiar with many office standards and procedures. My interests are in large scale interventions including institutional and public buildings, high rise office developments and corporate workplace.
I have honed management skills through all phases of design and contract documents. I often execute and manage CAD set-up’s, team assignments, and technical coordination with consultants. My work reflects a variety of design influences often employing novel programming and architectural detail solutions.
I have a history of working for large architecture firms and thrive in team environments. I am an effective writer and I am able with multiple software platforms for effective presentations. I am fluent in English and Spanish.
HOK, New York City, USA, Project Manager / Consultant
Hellmuth Obata and Kassabaum – HOK
Location: New York City, USA
Role: Project Manager / Consultant
Type: Architecture, Consulting, and Planning Firm
I was primarily a consultant asked to review and supervise ongoing project management
tasks for the construction of St. George Terminal on Staten Island
• Project managed and executed contract proposals.
• Oversaw submissions of CD’s for continuing additional services work.
• Worked directly with NVC EDC for retail fit-out and MTA bus terminal project.
• Attended weekly coordination meetings with MEP, Structural, and Mechanical Consultants as
well as with NYC Economic Development Corp managers.
• Wrote proposals for add services and continuing work on passenger waiting hall.
Coop Himmelb(l)au, Vienna, Austria, Special Projects Manager
Coop Himmelb(l)au GmbH
Location: Vienna, Austria
Role: Special Projects Manager
Type: Architecture and Planning Firm
I was a special projects manager, relocated from Vienna to Guadalajara to oversee the
transition of design development to contract phase of a 100,000 sq meter commercial
complex. I oversaw all production and coordinated with all specialist during the transition.
• Worked on large retail-commercial complex in Guadalajara as project manager
• Development all DD and CD sets and quality control standards for submission
• Headed communication and interface with local specialist and client representatives
• Developed production program and supervised - managed in house architects.
• Headed presentations and reviews with / to associate partner.
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP (SOM), New York City, Architect
Skidmore Owings and Merrill – New York
Location: New York City
Type: Architecture and Planning Firm
Worked as an intermediate architect in the development of DD and CD documentation for 2 major
airports, both airside and landside teams, as well as retail fit-out areas. Developed my skills for team and CAD management.
• Worked on airport projects, among them: JFK Terminal 4 in New York and Continental
Airlines Terminal 3 at Newark Liberty Airport in New Jersey.
• Development and of design of project matrix and file management structure
• Collaborate with project management for different teams working on distinct areas of the
airport (ie. concourse, shopping areas, arrivals, departures, landside operations and
• Evolved my interest in large scale, urban infrastructure projects. I worked closely with project
Managers and Architects to coordinate the flow of data and organize information among
teams and consultants with Port Authority of NY & NJ.
• Tasked with design development and CD production.
Pratt Institute, New York, NY, US, BArch, Architecture
B Arch Degree