Beijing Aoshan Scenic Area Tourism Development, Beijing, CN, Design Consultant
Hired by Beijing Aoshan Scenic Area Tourism Development Co., Ltd, Xiaolan worked as a design consultant assisting the company on one of its high-end residential & tourism sub-projects within the Aoshan mountain range.
• Analysing on the current planning issues and providing future resolutions;
• Reviewing the current architectural design of the central residential area and communicating with the architect team on behalf of the developer;
• Reviewing the graphic design of marketing materials.
Beijing Institute of Architectural Design (BIAD), Beijing, CN, Intern Architect
• Medium density residential area planning (approx. 80,000 m2);
• Facade design for the multi-functional community building in the area;
• Teamwork on creating the concept design of Beijing Cultural Centre.
Arkitektskolen Aarhus - The Aarhus School of Architecture, Aarhus, DK, Masters, Master of Arts in Architecture (cand.arch)
European recognised professional architecture degree in Denmark. Study differs in selected studio each semester.
• Broadened the scope to cover industrial and product design;
• Event mobile architecture design presented at Aarhus City Council;
• Led a team to survey the town square of Nagaon, India at Studio Mumbai;
• Sustainable design of a mixed-use architecture school in Reykjavik, Iceland;
• Context-sensitive design, responding to an old neighbourhood in Beijing.China
The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, AU, Bachelors, Bachelor of Environments in Architecture (BEnvs)
Pre-professional architecture degree, with additional emphasis on the breadth of knowledge, inter-disciplinary skill and sustainability.
• Architecture Design
• Landscape Architecture Design
• Design Development
• Construction & Building Code
• Interdisciplinary Studies
• Environmental Building Systems
• Breadth Study in Climate Change
• Breadth Study in Music Psychology