Creative design professional with many years of experience in the design and management of sophisticated and complex projects. Currently working as an Architectural Designer in a midtown architectural design and space planning firm. I design commercial interiors and renovate existing spaces.
Oprea Design Group Inc. New York, NY, New York, NY, US, Architectural Designer
- Designed corporate office space for various IT companies, financial firms, law firms, accountants, academic institutions and other industries.
- Designed showrooms, work areas and office space for high end fashion design companies and garment manufacturers.
- Designed display systems and furniture using state-of-the-art LED lighting systems.
- Designed pre-built spaces for buildings owned by the Kaufman Realty Organization.
- Renovated existing commercial space.
- Formulated design options and solutions to maximize space utilization.
- Simultaneously managed projects in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Handled all phases of project design and development.
- Directed outsourced trades.
- Inspected work performed by contractor to ensure quality and completion of work.
- Surveyed demolished and occupied space to create existing condition plans.
- Created construction plans using AutoCAD.
- Created 3D conceptual design renderings for client presentations.
British Oxygen Corporation - Special Projects Group, Murray Hill, NJ, Configuration Manager/Designer
I was hired as a contractor to oversee the configuration management and design aspects of a classified defense project.
- Utilized my many years of experience in the design of defense projects and knowledge of military standards to successfully turn around a failing project.
- Ensured that documentation and system design adhered to military specifications, contractual requirements and design and drafting practices.
- Restructured and organized product into a logical modular hierarchy to facilitate the manufacturing and production process.
- Identified and compiled the official listing of system documentation requirements.
- Prioritized and delegated work to design and drafting staff.
- Controlled revisions and implemented change order requests.
Northrop Grumman Corporation - Amherst Systems, East Elmhurst, NY, Senior Mechanical Designer - Electronic Sensors and Systems Sector
- Designed modular electro-mechanical packaging solutions for the Advanced Multiple Emitter Simulator (AMES) line of electronic warfare simulators.
- Designed and documented electronic warfare simulators for both domestic and international defense corporations.
- Organized and managed the mechanical aspects of overlapping projects.
- Identified and prioritized project design requirements.
- Created Technical Drawing Sets (TDS) per military, American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME) and best commercial standards.
- Generated and incorporated engineering change orders.
- Lowered project design costs by identifying the common mechanical objectives.
- Used AutoCAD software and other vector-based CAD applications.
Northrop Grumman Corporation - Advanced Systems, East Elmhurst, NY, Technical Illustrator
- Responsible for graphically explaining the functionality of sophisticated electronic warfare simulators and various aircraft radar test equipment.
- Created illustrations and diagrams for user manuals and procedure guides.
- Supported marketing, software and electrical engineering departments by creating process diagrams and flow charts.
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT), New York, NY, US, Bachelors, Architecture
Architecture and Architecture Technology.
High school of Art and Design, New York, NY, US, High School, Industrial Design
Industrial Design, Illustration, Animation
Arthur J. Pettorino Memorial Award for outstanding achievement in the study of architecture technology.