As a recent graduate of the Interior Design program at Indiana University, I am excited to start my new career in interior design; my passion for design is unstoppable. I believe my creative problem solving, attention to detail, organization, and strong communication skills will make me a valuable member of a design team.
My education and past work experiences make me an ideal candidate The knowledge I have gained as an interior design major through an accredited program gives me a strong background in interior design, but also a well rounded education, as I graduated from a liberal arts college. In addition to my interior design major, I earned a minor in business from the nationally renowned Kelley School of Business, giving me experience in all areas of business. My finance, accounting, and marketing background will benefit me because, ultimately, interior design is a business. This understanding of both the design and business elements of an interior design company make me an ideal candidate. Further, my work experience at Residential Programming and Services at Indiana Univeristy give me the applicable past experience to succeed I assisted designers in projects, presented design ideas to clients, and furthered my knowledge about interior design. This experience, along with my education, provide me with a solid foundation for my interior design career.
Working Holiday in Australia, Townsville, AU, Au Pair
• Acquired worldly experience, independence, and cultural appreciation while working as an Au Pair and traveling throughout Australia and to Indonesia
Gold Arrow Camp, Lakeshore, CA, Lead Counselor
• Gained leadership experience by advancing to a support staff role where I mentored new counselors
• Strengthened communication skills by mediating situations between counselors and collectively problem-solving to find solutions
• Demanded high level of responsibility to care for campers safety and well being while being a positive role model for young girls
Indiana University Residential Programs and Services, Bloomington, IN, Interior Design Intern
• Gained professional design experience by assisting designers with projects and extra work
• Enhanced organization skills and materials knowledge by maintaining the design resource library
• Improved communication skills through meetings with reps while acquiring knowledge of new products
Rising Star Gymnastics Club, Bloomington, IN, US, Head Coach
• Increased creative problem solving skills by working to develop individual coaching strategies to help gymnasts achieve their personal goals
• Enhanced teamwork and leadership skills by working with assistant coaches to create lesson plans and coordinate schedules
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, US, Bachelors, Interior Design
I earned a Bachelor's of Science in Interior Design and also a minor in Business from the Nationally Renowned Kelley School of Business.