see all...Viewing 3 out of 4 projects
In 2009, I received my Master's Degree in Architecture and became a licensed Architect in Spain. I have practiced architectural and urban design for more than 5 years locally and abroad, having developed projects from their conceptual/schematic phase through construction documents in the US and Europe (Spain, France, and Italy). I have completed a large typology of projects of various sizes, such as new construction and renovation for residential (single and multi-family), hospitality, educational, retail, mixed-use, and commercial-office markets.
In addition to my progressive professional experience as intern architect in the US, I am currently working on a LEED-registered project to become a LEED Accredited Professional.
I am passionate about design, creativity, and innovation in all their dimensions. I pursue sustainable design and architecture: efficient, healthy, flexible, and financially possible.
• Design: Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Interior and Urbanism
• Sustainable and Efficient Design and Construction
LANGUAGES: English, Spanish, Catalan
‘The Plazas of New Mexico’ - ISBN: 978-159534083-2
Authors/Contributors: Chris Wilson (Author), Stefanos Polyzoides (Author) and Miguel Gandert (Photographer)
Publisher: Trinity University Press (September 13th, 2011)
- Contributed to the written research and designed the majority of the book illustrations.
- Assistant to Stefanos Polyzoides (co-founder of the Congress for the New Urbanism) in preparing the book.
Consultant - Self-Employed, Los Angeles, CA, Consultant - Architectural and Urban Design
- Consultation and participation in the design and development of architectural projects from their conceptual/schematic phase and design development to completion, including preparation of regulations, code analysis, costs and surveying.
- Consultation for tenant improvement projects: budget, Code and Zoning requirements, furniture and finish specifications, interior design, development of program of needs for design and completion, sustainable design.
- Consultation and participation in the architectural and planning design involved in form-based development codes for urban planning projects.
- Development of Workshops, collaborating with multidisciplinary project teams comprised of urbanists, architects, engineers, technical consultants, and stakeholders.
- Development of 3D SketchUp models and design of illustrative concepts.
• 5 Sustainable Prefab Housing Prototypes. Italy and Spain – Research, Conceptual/Schematic phase, Design Developm.
• Beverly Hills Country Club. Los Angeles, CA – Building Renovation: Design Development, bidding process
• Calabasas Country Club. Calabasas, CA – New Construction/ Building Renovation: Design Development, bidding process
• City of Tehachapi: Form-based Downtown Development Code. Tehachapi, CA – Code Development.
• City of Fresno: Form-based Downtown Development Code. Fresno, CA – Code Development.
SSMDV ARQUITECTOS, Valencia, Spain, Architectural Designer / Project Manager
- Participation in design projects, including programming client needs, analysis phase, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, construction development and construction administration.
- Definition of program requirements and establishment of design parameters based on clients requirements, working with project architect and project manager.
- Preparation of design and construction documents, regulations, code analysis, costs and surveying.
- Coordination with team to meet Code and Zoning requirements.
- Work with consultants, engineers, contractors, fabricators, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
- Resolution of complex technical and design issues, preparing construction documentation and construction details.
- Provide project team coordination for the finished plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction.
- Participation in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish samples.
SELECTED PROJECT EXPERIENCE
● 2 Unemployment Offices. Spain - Completed - Conceptual/Schematic phase, Design and Construction Development.
● Gift Shop – City Arts and Sciences of Valencia. Spain - Completed - Design and Construction Development
● Private House. Spain - Completed – Conceptual/Schematic phase, Design and Construction Development. Interior Design
● Education Center. Spain - Under Construction – Competition: 1st Prize - Design and Construction Development
● 45 Row Housing. France - Completed – Competition: 1st Prize - Design and Construction Development
● 152 Housing + Market. Spain – Competition: Consolation Prize – Conceptual/Schematic phase, Design Development
Moule & Polyzoides | Architects and Urbanists, Pasadena, CA, US, Urban Designer
- Development of illustrative plans for urbanism projects.
- Execution of over a dozen five-day charrettes with multidisciplinary teams.
- Participation in urban project process: Analysis Phase, Pre-Charrette, Charrette, Post-Charrette, Code Development.
SELECTED PROJECT EXPERIENCE
● 3rd Street TOD Corridor Specific Plan and Form-Based Code. Los Angeles, CA - Workshops, Pre-Charrette
● Uptown Whittier Specific Plan and form-Based Code. Whittier, CA - Analysis Phase, Code Development
● Tierra Luna Specific Plan and Form-Based Code. Downey, CA - Pre, Charrette, Post-Charrette, Code Development
● Santa Ana Renaissance Specific Plan and Form-Based Code. Santa Ana, CA - Code Development
● Downtown Ventura S.P. and Form-Based Code. Ventura, CA - Pre, Charrette, Post-Charrette, Code development
SSMDV ARQUITECTOS, Valencia, Spain, Architectural Designer
- Work with the project team to produce presentation materials for client presentations.
- Participation in projects development over all phases: concept/schematic design, architectural design, construction development.
Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Valencia, Spain, MArch, Architecture
- Architectural and urban design, Construction, Engineering documents and technical details in all scales.
- Systems integration: structure, mechanical, electrical, for fit and synergy with architectural objectives.
- Study of materials and methods of construction. Sustainability.
- Thesis - Grade A: Public Multi-functional Building. Master Plan (Auditorium, Library, Museum, Restaurant and School)
Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Valencia, Spain, BArch, Architecture
Architectural Competition - Special Education Center in Spain, 1st Place
Architectural Competition promoted by Government of Spain.
Project: Special Education Center
Status: Under Construction
My role: Participation as Architectural Designer/Project Manager in the Design and Construction Development of project over competition phase and design and construction development.
‘Scholarship of Collaboration to adapt projects to the European Norms of Higher Education at the UPV’, Scholarship
Scholarship sponsored by Polytechnic University of Valencia (UPV), Spain - School of Architecture
- Participation in teaching undergraduate students of Architecture Project Design class.
- Participation in the development of the architecture department. Organization of public presentations.