I graduated from Georgia Institute of Technology in May 2012 with a Bachelors degree in Architecture and a certificate in City Planning. I currently working in the estimatingdepartment at a GC firm in New York. I am interested in obtaining a position in the design industry. .
Academically, my extensive course work in the Architecture department at Georgia Institute of Technology has allowed me to gain an understanding and appreciation for the architecture your Company specializes in. I also have studied broader elements of commercial building, including libraries and mixed-use properties as a part of my recent studio at Georgia Institute of Technology.
My previous work experience as a CAD Manager for Philips Healthcare, as well as my experience working for my MTSU campus planning department, has provided me with a strong work ethic, communication skills, and trained me how to manage working on several projects simultaneously. I also learned how to work quickly and efficiently, and further developed my interest in becoming a better designer.
King Rose of NY, New York, Project/ Estimator Coordinator
Scheduling and coordinating projects
Communication with clients, PMs, vendors
ReMax of Atlanta, Atlanta, GA, US, Marketing Coordinator
I am designing marketing materials to attract potential clients. I also put together spreadsheets and research data. I answer phone calls and other clerical duties like schedule appointments, call clients, etc.
Philips, Nashville, TN, US, CAD Technican
• Created floor plans with Micro station displaying the placement monitoring systems for hospitals including wiring the equipment to the communications rooms
• Communicated with customer to get requirements and to validate final product
• Performed office clerical duties, which include printing plans and proposals and shipping them out
MTSU Planning Department, Murfreesboro, TN, US, Intern - CAD
• Made additions to current building blueprints using Revit software
• Altered building plans and maps with AutoCAD software
• Assisted with drawing new building plans and additions to existing structures.
• Add notes to existing plans including square footage and identification numbers
• Performed office clerical duties which included printing maps and working on spreadsheets
• Field Checking
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, US, BArch, Architecture
Certificate in City Planning