A hard working, driven architect striving create functional and captivating designs in a challenging yet creative field.
I believe in doing work right the first time but also taking responsibility and making amends for my mistakes. I have learned from every experience I have had with the goal of continuing to grow and develop for future experiences.
I spent 6 years studying at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute earning my Bachelor's of Architecture and Masters in Management with a concentration in Supply Chain Management. My desire is to work as an architect with a firm who's projects are designed to encompass not just the visions of the designers but more so the needs of the user; as it is ultimately the user who decides whether the project is a success through their constant use of the design.
Melamed Architect PC, New York, NY, US, Staff Architect
My internships with Melamed Architect P.C. have been during my summer and winter breaks from college. After first interning during the summer of 2012 I have been invited back for each of following summer and winter breaks through 2015. Since graduating from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute I have begun working full time for Melamed Architect P.C. taking on more responsibilities while developing as a professional.
While employed by Melamed Architect P.C my responsibilities have included:
- Meeting with clients at various stages of the projects
- Surveying existing buildings
- Generating working drawings of those surveys
- Design Schematic Layouts based on the needs of the Clients
- Communicate with Contractors for bids and level bids
- Digitally model various iterations of the schematic designs
- Physically model the exterior design and surrounding buildings
- Generate realistic renders of the final interior designs
- Prepare presentations for clients, engineers, and Landmark Preservation Committee
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, US, Masters, Management (Supply Chain concentration)
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, US, BArch, Architecture